Oh dear god

So, I've come to the conclusion that 4 months of liquidity isn't enough. I going to shoot for 8 months of solvency stashed away before I buy anything.

That kind of security blanket will go a long way for me.

So, I've come to the conclusion that 4 months of liquidity isn't enough. I going to shoot for 8 months of solvency stashed away before I buy anything.

That kind of security blanket will go a long way for me.
i have two weeks worth stashed away. first time i've ever had a buffer. the only way i've successfully kept myself from dipping into it is by keeping it in Canada, so it takes five days to transfer it back with minimal loss, or in an emergency i can pull it out immediately with a worse exchange rate. because of the exchange loss i won't decide to dip in and pay it back later.

I hope I don't have to resort to those kind of tactics. lol. so far, it's just from being disciplined, and having a fairly decent job.

My main worry is to look at the money stashed, and contemplate some risky but high yield short term investments. Not very safe, but if I do some really good research, I might be able to find something that should give a pretty high return over the course of a year. It's just finding that, and seeing enough into the future. Sure, I could dump it into something that in 5-10 will pay some big rewards, but I'm kinda stuck on the short term high risk thing right now and suspect I can take enough advantage of this market to profit well off it.

did you just call me a sheeple? That was pretty harsh and a personal attack. I didn't appreciate it at all. Can mods be banned?

aw honey, you know I love ya :)

no offense intended but I recently heard samsung is getting out of the tv business entirely :eek:

btw, my sharp 52 only weighs 60 lbs and it's also a "green" energy star rated appliance :cool:

Mine too!

Seriously, I was a little offended. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive, but I hate being called out for something that is simply untrue. I reported what I read and saw when I took months of my time to research TV's before deciding on one to purchase.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Samsung is not getting out of the TV making industry. They are spending an excessive amount of effort researching new technology, or at the very least refining technology, if they are just planning to scrap their division all together. They did release a report during last quarter announcing their plans to stop producing smaller televisions. Perhaps that is what you read?

I'm not saying that Samsung makes the best TV's ever, but for the category our OP was looking, I was making a recommendation based on what I read. Now he's decided not to get a tv.

Mine too!

Seriously, I was a little offended. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive, but I hate being called out for something that is simply untrue. I reported what I read and saw when I took months of my time to research TV's before deciding on one to purchase.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Samsung is not getting out of the TV making industry. They are spending an excessive amount of effort researching new technology, or at the very least refining technology, if they are just planning to scrap their division all together. They did release a report during last quarter announcing their plans to stop producing smaller televisions. Perhaps that is what you read?

I'm not saying that Samsung makes the best TV's ever, but for the category our OP was looking, I was making a recommendation based on what I read. Now he's decided not to get a tv.

But we know you did the research, it was directed at the other fella there.

me? I did my research...we have sharp 52s all over the building...I went and saw what they looked like in person numerous times before buying...there are 2 in my conference room on this floor as a matter of fact

I'm so glad to see you've returned!

TM6%20Troll%20Naked.jpg

pixel what? :lol:

the interface couldn't be better

sheeple

Yeah, except he was quoting my post there.

me? I did my research...we have sharp 52s all over the building...I went and saw what they looked like in person numerous times before buying...there are 2 in my conference room on this floor as a matter of fact

So you walked around your office (which probably has a contract with Sharp) and looked at the TV's they have there instead of going to a place where they have lots of different brands so that you could compare? Good researching there. Have some more Kool-Aid!!!