Oh car gods, which car to prick?

I said it was Corny. If you were going to choose between a R/T SS and GT I'd go w/ the SS. I do like the center console mounted gauges, optional HIDs, and the rear diffuser.
Of of the 3 it def looks the best, but over all I think all 3 designs are going to tire quickly.

mercury_sable_sedan_2003_01_m.jpg
The ultimate man's car, for an ultimate world.

Who said it was corny? I just said it wasn't very good, the Sarcasmo puts is pants back on.

What makes a car good? Technically, in order to get from point A to point B without freezing to death or sweating in your good clothes not much is required. So pretty much every vehicle available covers the basics.

What is the metric of quality? What essential thing is it that makes one thing better than the other? -.- Reliability, availability of spare parts, scrap value vs maintenance expense. Most cars actually fail on these points (ever try to get parts for a land rover? omfg).

Im pretty sure accounting comes into this too, especially if you depreciate your vehicles on taxes.

What makes a car good? Technically, in order to get from point A to point B without freezing to death or sweating in your good clothes not much is required. So pretty much every vehicle available covers the basics.

What is the metric of quality? What essential thing is it that makes one thing better than the other? -.- Reliability, availability of spare parts, scrap value vs maintenance expense. Most cars actually fail on these points (ever try to get parts for a land rover? omfg).

Im pretty sure accounting comes into this too, especially if you depreciate your vehicles on taxes.

I agree it does not take much to cover the basic tasks for transportation. I think the way the car holds up makes a big difference. I really hate when a cars interior falls short. Most used G-35s I've seen have chipping interior paint and very worn parts where hands and arms rest. Funny cause I've noticed the opposite for the 350z. I had my Audi TT from 2002 to 2009. I put 180,000 miles on that car. The seats just started to wear in the last year, and the lil power button for the mirrors broke off. The paint still looked very new, and the turbo and tranny were still factory. That's after running double the stock boost for 150k miles. Parts from Audi were more, but I managed by using ecstuning.com for most of my part needs. I've only put 6k on the CLK so I can't speak for it yet.

I hate how you cant get cars with fleet style interiors. It's hard to find trucks with them anymore as well. All vinyl so you can scrub them out etc. The speed at which car fabric breaks down when soiled is amazing.

Strangely, of all the things you can fix once the interior starts to break up is when I usually ditch cars. That or unibody transmission replacement :barf: I could keep things running indefinitely if it was all body on frame o_O

I hate how you cant get cars with fleet style interiors. It's hard to find trucks with them anymore as well. All vinyl so you can scrub them out etc. The speed at which car fabric breaks down when soiled is amazing.

Strangely, of all the things you can fix once the interior starts to break up is when I usually ditch cars. That or unibody transmission replacement :barf: I could keep things running indefinitely if it was all body on frame o_O

You like em rugged!.

Meh, I like nice cars :p I just never drive for fun and I know I would kill someone if they soiled the interior of a BMW >.> I do like the diesel options available on a lot of the euro cars though. Road tax around here makes gasoline and diesel have significant price differences.