Oh car gods, which car to prick?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So I hate my Honda Fit. With a passion.

I was just in West Virginia this weekend and the bitch couldn't get up a simple hill with the hamster under the hood screaming and writhing in agony not to mention the horrendous winter uselessness.

I did, however, inadvertently get the back end to swing out in a minor Swedish Flick maneuver; just slightly disconcerting in a FWD car.

With my impending move, most likely to a state with snow, I would like to pick up something else more appropriate. My thoughts are on a Subaru Forester.

Granted I am not a lesbian, but I think this car might suit my needs better. Almost 30mpg highway, cargo capacity, 2400 towing capacity (thinking about towing my belongings to the next state of residence), comfortable ride for long distances, AWD, disturbing amount of ground clearance for heavy snow. Lots of space for chim's cases of beer and such.

The reason I got the Fit was for the space and gas mileage but I am thinking I should upgrade to an adult car now.

What are your thoughts? Any other options?

Had one for a loaner in December, found it was more comfortable (Seating position) than my Outback actually.

I'd be tempted to test drive them new VW diesels myself.

I really wish the diesel forester was here in the states. It comes only with a 6sp manual as that is the only one in Subaru's reportoir that can handle the torque, and 4400lb towing capacity.

The Jetta sportwagen does look lovely, but the Golf TDI coming next year will be quite nice.

Colorado uses sand, so no rust there.

Also, lower body panels aren't metal anymore, so really, only the base chasis to worry about, but no more than any other vehicle, so...

no.

Last edited:
Looking under $25k. The Premium model I wanted was $23k MSRP OTD

My friend just bought 2 ( one for him and his wife) They love them and are getting over 45mpg!

I'd go with the subaru as well most likely...another option, slightly nicer, would be the audi allroad quattro
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...iceDESC&awsp=false&systime=&rdm=1247505995803

If you buy a used all road it has the twin turbo motor in it. i love that motor!. I like subarus but that flat 4 does not rock on MPG or any thing.

My friend just bought 2 ( one for him and his wife) They love them and are getting over 45mpg!

If you buy a used all road it has the twin turbo motor in it. i love that motor!. I like subarus but that flat 4 does not rock on MPG or any thing.

How are they getting 45mpg in an SUV that is rated for 26 by the EPA? Or are you talking about the Fit?

If you are talking about the Fit, your friends are delusional.