Official UF Borderlands Thread

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Installed this morning and played for a bit. Really impressed. It's very similar to Fallout but more refined graphically (I like how stylized it is in that regard) and it has multiplayer.

My first time through I'm playing as a Soldier and am up to level 6 so far.

I think I might start a character as a Brick because there seems to be a real lack of people playing it online.

PS - During my travels in the badlands I found out they have Midget Pyschos who run around with large knives. My first thought was "Wow, this is going to cost me."

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

hmmm I'll wait for the long time report on the game play.. if it rates high then I'll give it a go..

looks like a very cool game, unfortunately it came out right when a number of other excellent titles did (or are soon too). I've been way up Uncharted 2's ass for PS3 recently and I'm really excited for Modern Warfare 2 and L4D 2.

looks like a very cool game, unfortunately it came out right when a number of other excellent titles did (or are soon too). I've been way up Uncharted 2's ass for PS3 recently and I'm really excited for Modern Warfare 2 and L4D 2.

I'm uncaring for MW2, but L4D2 is sick. The demo is boring, but shows what the game will be = FANTASTIC

I'm uncaring for MW2, but L4D2 is sick. The demo is boring, but shows what the game will be = FANTASTIC
the demo for me at least showed the game can be ever bit as creepy in the day time.

the melee weapons gave me a fucking hard on

the demo for me at least showed the game can be ever bit as creepy in the day time.

the melee weapons gave me a fucking hard on

Well the fact that you playyed it reminds me that you are a console shithead. Once I get this fucking Liteon drive flashed, its on!

Well the fact that you playyed it reminds me that you are a console shithead. Once I get this fucking Liteon drive flashed, its on!

just because i regularly consume feces doesn't make me a shit head, if anything i'm a shitface or a shitmouth, thank you very fucking much.

oh wait you're talking about the fact that I played the demo so i must have a 360... sorry I was too busy eating my own shit to figure that out

Up to level 12 now, some more thoughts:

- The game is tough, and it occasionally throws in enemies WAAAAAAY above your current level in different spots guarding loot and such. There are times where I've had to be downright devious in thinking up ways to kill/get around them (which I actually appreciate).

- The weapon library is huge and diverse.

- The dune buggy is a great addition, as is its frikkin rocket launcher.

- Having fast travel earlier in the game would be nice (the option is there, but hasn't unlocked for me yet).

- The Soldier is like you'd expect: He shoots things and that's about it. I think I'm going to start over with a different and maybe more "elegant" class. Also, his character is a black guy and his dialogue is annoyingly stereotypical.

- The automated sell/buy stations have a nice feature where they basically have a "blue light special" which is a high-quality item usually priced just above what you have in your wallet. When you activate the terminal it shows you the available item and a timer starts counting down (usually 15 minutes). You're then required to either sell your gear or scrape together cash to buy the item in a hurry. Kind of a fun little distraction.

- The Midget Pyschos are freaking hysterical, the game overall is pretty darn funny.

Last edited:
this definitely looks interesting but i think i want to play through mass effect again before moving on to something new. i may remain 12-18 months behind the curve for a while.