Baby Official Battelfield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Does anyone else besides myself, Fly, and April even have it yet?

It'd be nice for the entire old BF2 crowd to pick it up so we could play some Squad Rush/Squad Deathmatch (4v4 mini games, fast pace, small maps).

Does anyone else besides myself, Fly, and April even have it yet?

It'd be nice for the entire old BF2 crowd to pick it up so we could play some Squad Rush/Squad Deathmatch (4v4 mini games, fast pace, small maps).

PT has it. If he's half as good as he says he is, squad rush could be awesome. :cool:

According to the blog at:

Battlefield Blog

and this news article at:

Bad Company 2 Restricts Dedicated-Server Files - DICE says it's in order to "protect the game's integrity on PC" - Softpedia

There will be dedicated servers, but they will only be available to "official" partners, kind of like Ranked servers now. This means there's no real chance to see it in cPGS as no one will be able to run their own servers. It also means no mod support, so it's pretty much a guarantee it won't last as long as something like Counter Strike. It sucks to see companies do this as the modding is a huge part of the enjoyment for many clients in and of itself.

Wow. God dammit. I know I hate EA games, why did I do this again? OH YEAH, FUCKING GHOST. :mad:

Wow. God dammit. I know I hate EA games, why did I do this again? OH YEAH, FUCKING GHOST. :mad:

iono, I've heard several times that they allow non-official dedicated servers, but the stats/ranks will not be tracked.

UbiSoft is getting worse, requiring a constant live connection even for single player games.
They gonna keep them servers up forever? Im betting not.
Enjoy your coasters, if the servers are ever taken offline, honest people!

UbiSoft is getting worse, requiring a constant live connection even for single player games.
They gonna keep them servers up forever? Im betting not.
Enjoy your coasters, if the servers are ever taken offline, honest people!

They'll probably patch them to work offline before they take the servers offline 10 years down the track.

Nope. Ranked servers cost more, but I can't even run an unranked server from here. The binaries are not available.

I blame whiny douchebags with no skill who think everyone around them is hacking. That, and the discovery by game developers that dedicated servers could be hacked to disable key checking.

I blame whiny douchebags with no skill who think everyone around them is hacking. That, and the discovery by game developers that dedicated servers could be hacked to disable key checking.

OMG THATS A NEW HACK. pirated server have been around forever. the problem is that no one wants to play on them cause punkbuster cant run. whatever the reason, its full Duke retard.

Since I'm bored, some general BC2 hints:

- When playing defense you should cut down every try you see, except the one you're hiding behind.

- The Saiga shotgun, with the extended mag mod, gives it a 12 round capacity, thus making it a room clearing murder machine.

- The sniper rifles with the 4X magnifier are awesome.

- Don't bother with the "more advanced med packs" (or whatever they call them) mod. You're much better off carrying more grenades or ammo, the added boost to your medpack healing is minimal.

- Sticking C4 to the ceiling above an MCOM station, and blowing it when someone messes with the MCOM station, is hilarious.

- Use the tanks to "snipe" from across the map in a safe area. Taking it "into the fray" is just asking some dude to stick C4 to it and ruin your shit.

- Camping is stupid in BC2. If you camp and happen to kill or annoy me in any way I will come back for you, and I will bring friends, and probably a tank.