Thread offense taken.

many black people in America do have a shared cultural heritage, and black culture is a thing that actually exists (which white people have a habit of stealing and profiting off of, but that's another argument for another day). white Americans tend to be more culturally diverse because of the influx of immigration in the 18/1900s. back then, the different cultures didn't want to mingle (or were prevented from mingling), so up until recent years (and even currently) there were Irish neighborhoods which were separate from the Italians, Poles, etc. sure, there have been black immigrants, too, and from various places, but the greater part of the Black population are not recent immigrants, they are the descendants of slaves and freedmen, and they have established a shared culture.
And what is their shared culture? Rap music and rioting?

You don't see white culture in America because you LIVE white culture in America. Hamburgers and Hotdogs. Celebrating the 4th of July by donning your shorts and flip flops and having a bbq with your family/friends. Perhaps going to church on sundays or spending sundays watching baseball of football. That's all white culture in America. Maybe you go to Art museums or have a farting contest on an aluminum fishing boat in the middle of Lake Onowana. These are all a part of white culture in America. You just don't see it because you live it. To you it's not culture, it's life. When you go to Spain and you see someone living out their routine day, you see them living their culture, they see it as another day.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee and Amstel
You don't see white culture in America because you LIVE white culture in America. Hamburgers and Hotdogs. Celebrating the 4th of July by donning your shorts and flip flops and having a bbq with your family/friends. Perhaps going to church on sundays or spending sundays watching baseball of football. That's all white culture in America. Maybe you go to Art museums or have a farting contest on an aluminum fishing boat in the middle of Lake Onowana. These are all a part of white culture in America. You just don't see it because you live it. To you it's not culture, it's life. When you go to Spain and you see someone living out their routine day, you see them living their culture, they see it as another day.
this is actually truth spittin' right here

many black people in America do have a shared cultural heritage, and black culture is a thing that actually exists (which white people have a habit of stealing and profiting off of, but that's another argument for another day). white Americans tend to be more culturally diverse because of the influx of immigration in the 18/1900s. back then, the different cultures didn't want to mingle (or were prevented from mingling), so up until recent years (and even currently) there were Irish neighborhoods which were separate from the Italians, Poles, etc. sure, there have been black immigrants, too, and from various places, but the greater part of the Black population are not recent immigrants, they are the descendants of slaves and freedmen, and they have established a shared culture.
not intended to ruffle your feathers...but I've seen you with a common take on these things in other threads since I started posting here. is this because you've always felt this way at heart, work for the naacp, took African-American studies in college, or other?

Pssst - that's not just a white thing ;)

Some things are American culture point blank. Some things are more decidedly other cultures. I don't like comment that people "steal" from other cultures, but just like it and share it. We share a lot more now than we did even when my parents grew up and people were more into who they were and where they were from.

Pssst - that's not just a white thing ;)

Some things are American culture point blank. Some things are more decidedly other cultures. I don't like comment that people "steal" from other cultures, but just like it and share it. We share a lot more now than we did even when my parents grew up and people were more into who they were and where they were from.
You're right. It's more an American culture than a white culture. But now hopefully she'll see the point in my error that saying one group of people have a different culture because of the color of their skin is retarded.

You're right. It's more an American culture than a white culture. But now hopefully she'll see the point in my error that saying one group of people have a different culture because of the color of their skin is retarded.
While some do, it isn't wise to label all as one way or another. People take with them what they want and borrow from others as they see fit. Personally I'm just an American chick. I don't really identify with any one particular group.