ODear I almost died.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,078
Steam
mattressfish
Had 2 leaking tires. Went to Firestone to fix them. They forgot to tighten the lugnuts.

Hilarity does not ensure...

Wheel didn't fall off, but I made them come tighten the remaining lugnuts on the side of the road.:fly: I'll be getting a brand new set of tires for free tomorrow too.

ok, i didn't almost die. DIAF

one night, my tires starting vibrating a lot. hadn't had any trouble with them before than point, and i thought my alignment had somehow gotten off.

it got worse and worse, and by the time i had gotten home, it was terrible. the next morning, i called my mechanic, and he said he couldn't get to it for a few days. i chanced the drive to my church and asked a friend to take a look. he drove it for a little while, and couldn't figure it out.

when we got back to the parking lot, he noticed a ripped boot joint (?). while reaching for that, his hand hit one of my lugnuts and it almost fell off. after further inspection, four out of five could be taken off with his fingers.

after we tightened them, it rode fine, and i traded it in a week later. to this day, he still gives me crap for "almost killing him" because we went over a couple bridges while he was driving.

Pandora said:
:eek: No hurting fly!! You'd think since they do that all damn day they would know to double check the lugnuts!! :tard:

Manager said that a 2nd person signed off on them. Oh well, Im gonna raise hell tomorrow.

I tried to replace my breaks today.
Stupid mazda and not fucking letting me push the brake piston back so I could put new pads on.
Godammit...now I gotta take it in and risk my life on someone elses hands.

All I needed was a damn c-clamp but nooooo...none around.

wr3kt said:
I tried to replace my breaks today.
Stupid mazda and not fucking letting me push the brake piston back so I could put new pads on.
Godammit...now I gotta take it in and risk my life on someone elses hands.

All I needed was a damn c-clamp but nooooo...none around.

Why didn't you go drive and get one? :fly:

The closest I've come to death is when I didn't even know it.

My brother was rooting around in our basement when he hit the natural gas line and he didn't even know it. About 2 hours later my Dad went into the basement and smelled the gas and opened a bunch of windows to get it out. If there was even 1 spark my house would have blown up with most of my family in it. gg.

Kander77 said:
The closest I've come to death is when I didn't even know it.

My brother was rooting around in our basement when he hit the natural gas line and he didn't even know it. About 2 hours later my Dad went into the basement and smelled the gas and opened a bunch of windows to get it out. If there was even 1 spark my house would have blown up with most of my family in it. gg.

Holy crap. Yeah, all that takes is a spark from something stupid too. Phone ring, static buildup in your wool turtleneck, etc..

thrawn said:
i bet you think this thread is about you
I.... just DIED in your arms toooooniight
musta been something you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid

Lynnakitty said:
I.... just DIED in your arms toooooniight
musta been something you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid

that song gets played so much at work i swear if you guys break into song i'm gonna have to open fire :p

JulianDelphiki said:
that song gets played so much at work i swear if you guys break into song i'm gonna have to open fire :p
uh.. uh.. i believe.. that's my stapler...
i'm going.. to burn.. the building.. to the ground..