Thread Obama taking Wall Street corruption to a new level. HOPE! CHANGE! LOL!

Why can't politicians just be made of people that want to help people. I get why corporations and other groups want to try and influence the leaders of a country, luring them with bribes to vote a certain way or believe a certain way, but why can't people just want to help people? Teachers don't do it for the money, they don't make any. They do it for the love of teaching and to help people grow. Why don't leaders of countries come from the same stock? Why can't there be people that want to lead others to make the lived of EVERYONE better? Follow a path without tangents that have been sponsored by bribes to better the larger number of people than the bribes would help?

Why can't politicians just be made of people that want to help people. I get why corporations and other groups want to try and influence the leaders of a country, luring them with bribes to vote a certain way or believe a certain way, but why can't people just want to help people? Teachers don't do it for the money, they don't make any. They do it for the love of teaching and to help people grow. Why don't leaders of countries come from the same stock? Why can't there be people that want to lead others to make the lived of EVERYONE better? Follow a path without tangents that have been sponsored by bribes to better the larger number of people than the bribes would help?

Well, for starters, not everyone wants, or needs to be meddled with, to be someone else's idea of "better"

Teachers don't do it for the money, they don't make any. They do it for the love of teaching and to help people grow.
:lol: Right.
Why don't leaders of countries come from the same stock?
Because people who can convince a large number of people they are the best aren't usually self sacrificing.
Why can't there be people that want to lead others to make the lived of EVERYONE better? Follow a path without tangents that have been sponsored by bribes to better the larger number of people than the bribes would help?
Politics is about winning. Nothing else.

Well, for starters, not everyone wants, or needs to be meddled with, to be someone else's idea of "better"

I want and need to be able to drink fresh water and breathe clean air and not be attacked by outside violence. I know my life would be better with such things. I would assume most others would, too.

Nope, just anyplace that hosts over 4 million people would be nice. Hell, even just a million. (Houston and Cleveland respectively)

So basically where its convenient for you. God forbid you take action on your own and move somewhere more friendly for you. We ALL make sacrifices man.

So basically where its convenient for you. God forbid you take action on your own and move somewhere more friendly for you. We ALL make sacrifices man.

Nope, I would prefer my sister's inlaws not have to drink contaminated water from fracking in PA. I would prefer my in laws in MN to not breathe the coal plant's shitty air. I would prefer my LA friends to not have to worry about smog warnings. There isn't a place in this country or in most parts of the world that have not been raped or pillaged or made LESS habitable by man. It's time we try and correct that trend.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Nope, I would prefer my sister's inlaws not have to drink contaminated water from fracking in PA. I would prefer my in laws in MN to not breathe the coal plant's shitty air. I would prefer my LA friends to not have to worry about smog warnings. There isn't a place in this country or in most parts of the world that have not been raped or pillaged or made LESS habitable by man. It's time we try and correct that trend.
We'll start with everyone who complains first, i.e. you.