Obama lifts 20 year ban on US entry for those with HIV

wow, what a crock. on the Z06 I had a button to turn it off right next to the shift. it didn't snap axles however so I guess that's why they granted control of it

My dad's z06 is like that too. I HATE the TCS on that car. I'm not convinced it makes you drive better. Playing with the G-tech meter I was getting better 0-60 times without it.

I'd wager it's a less-fragile car in general.

that car was a trooper. I beat the snot out of that thing and it never even flinched. I drove it like it was meant to be driven. it didn't get the 55 year old guy taking it for a leisurely sunday drive followed by a wipe down with a diaper treatment

My basic opinion about the GT-R is that it's experimental, and the trasmission is currently underbuilt for what people want to use the car for.

I'm not a believer in turbocharged engines being less reliable than larger naturally aspirated engines. I've had a lot of experience with both, and my smaller turbo'd engines have been way more reliable. The z06 is a drama queen. Since it was purchased in 2003, it's already spent five months in the shop for various problems (one of which the Chevy dealer couldn't figure out for two months).

My dad's z06 is like that too. I HATE the TCS on that car. I'm not convinced it makes you drive better. Playing with the G-tech meter I was getting better 0-60 times without it.

I always had it off. does he have the current model or the c5? I had the an '02 c5 z06 with intake, headers and exhaust. fun car. a buddy of mine has the c6 z06 and it made mine feel like a camaro in comparison :(

My basic opinion about the GT-R is that it's experimental, and the trasmission is currently underbuilt for what people want to use the car for.

I'm not a believer in turbocharged engines being less reliable than larger naturally aspirated engines. I've had a lot of experience with both, and my smaller turbo'd engines have been way more reliable. The z06 is a drama queen. Since it was purchased in 2003, it's already spent five months in the shop for various problems (one of which the Chevy dealer couldn't figure out for two months).

that sucks. mine ran like a top

I always had it off. does he have the current model or the c5? I had the an '02 c5 z06 with intake, headers and exhaust. fun car. a buddy of mine has the c6 z06 and it made mine feel like a camaro in comparison :(

Your car is the same year as my dad's. His is all stock though.

I can't convince him to trade up.

I didn't think the puprose of TCS was to get better acceleration in the dry. To Nissan's credit, their system was supposed to be for removing you from mud or other slippery conditions. It was not meant as some sort of launch control.

And you can disable their traction control and it will not void your warranty. I would argue that if you did turn it off and were just on a track, no 0-to-60 sprints again and again, you would ahve no issues in the Nissan.

This still does not explain, however, that a car with more power, 600 lbs lighter, and a higher top speed didn't get through faster than the ZR-1.

I didn't think the puprose of TCS was to get better acceleration in the dry. To Nissan's credit, their system was supposed to be for removing you from mud or other slippery conditions. It was not meant as some sort of launch control.

And you can disable their traction control and it will not void your warranty. I would argue that if you did turn it off and were just on a track, no 0-to-60 sprints again and again, you would ahve no issues in the Nissan.

This still does not explain, however, that a car with more power, 600 lbs lighter, and a higher top speed didn't get through faster than the ZR-1.

corvette has like 7 wins in the last 10 years at lemans in the gt1 class. nissan? who are they?

wtf, we are talking about the n-ring, not lemans. wtf

I'm answering why. zonda's don't have a stellar racing heritage. they make amazing cars but they haven't been put through the paces in the racing world to further refine them

I'm answering why. zonda's don't have a stellar racing heritage. they make amazing cars but they haven't been put through the paces in the racing world to further refine them

Ahh, I see. ok. Except it was built as a homologous car with race cars built out of it, and co designed by in F1 engineer.

Then please also explain to me why the ZR-1 is faster around the ring than Porsche <anything>? I am pretty sure Porsche has some race creds.

Ahh, I see. ok. Except it was built as a homologous car with race cars built out of it, and co designed by in F1 engineer.

where do they race? I've never heard of one being tracked officially

Then please also explain to me why the ZR-1 is faster around the ring than Porsche <anything>? I am pretty sure Porsche has some race creds.

currently the best porsche can put forth in lemans is the gt2 class. they can't hang with the big boys in gt1. or at least they haven't entered anything in gt1 since the 90's

I don't think ferrari puts up anything in the gt1 class either, oddly enough

this is the vette that won lemans this year :drool:
corvette-racing-1-2-at-midpoint-of-24-hours-of-le-mans.jpg

where do they race? I've never heard of one being tracked officially

currently the best porsche can put forth in lemans is the gt2 class. they can't hang with the big boys in gt1. or at least they haven't entered anything in gt1 since the 90's

I don't think ferrari puts up anything in the gt1 class either, oddly enough

Are they putting the ZR-1 into GT1 racing directly?