WTF Obama is crazy for sayin it, but good for him. v.WTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
he also effectively said he didn't know how smart it was but they certainly should have the right to do so
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/14/obama.islamic.center/index.html?hpt=T1

Yeah that's an obvious point, obviously Muslims have the right to build a mosque there. It's not like terrorists are asking to build an anti-American, pro-jihadi centre there.

However he does have a point that it may not be "smart" to do so, because the usual nuts will draw conclusions about a mosque being built at/near 'ground zero'.

so many tards commenting on the cnn article. pretty funny.

I constantly get into a flamewar with the fucktards who comment on articles linked from the Drudge Report.

"FUCK DEM TOWELHEADS AND THEIR VIOLENT RELIGION"
"Islam isn't violent. Some of the people who follow it are."
"THEN WHAT BOUT THESE HERE KORAN VERSES <list of out-of-context Koran verses supporting violence>"
"Well, by contrast, the Bible says... <list of out-of-context Bible verses supporting violence>"
"YOU IDJITS DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT THE BIBLE! THOSE VERSES ARE OUT OF CONTEXT!"
"But you're telling me I have to take Koran verses at face value, but have to consider the context of similar Bible verses."
"WHATEVER YOU LIBERAL PUSSY, WE REAL AMERICANS WILL FIGHT THE TERRORISTS"
"Actually, I'm in the military. My JOB is to fight the terrorists."
[... ad infinitum ...]

Personally I don't think they should build a mosque there, or indeed anywhere. Nor should they build churches anywhere. In fact, everything connected with religion should have a plane flown into it. All that prime real estate in Rome. Clear the lot and build low cost housing.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Personally I don't think they should build a mosque there, or indeed anywhere. Nor should they build churches anywhere. In fact, everything connected with religion should have a plane flown into it. All that prime real estate in Rome. Clear the lot and build low cost housing.

Yeah, well back in the real world...

religion has always been with us in one form or another. I wouldn't hold your breath for it to be gone anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.