Obama asking for help on sorting out ignorant email stuff

In the US:

For the guys out there that don't know this, most women have to schedule their yearly checkup at the end of their previous appointment. If they don't, chances are when they call, they'll have to wait at least 3 months to get an appointment.

The US isn't any better in terms of time for scheduling things

That COMPLETELY depends on the doctor. I've had some where I had to schedule two months out (womens, pediatricians, general) and others where I call Monday and am in by Friday. I'm currently with the people that I can call Monday and have an appointment later that week.

That COMPLETELY depends on the doctor. I've had some where I had to schedule two months out (womens, pediatricians, general) and others where I call Monday and am in by Friday. I'm currently with the people that I can call Monday and have an appointment later that week.

I can understand that. But single cases aren't enough to bring the average down for everyone. On average, median cases would be around 2-3 months.

I can understand that. But single cases aren't enough to bring the average down for everyone. On average, median cases would be around 2-3 months.

50% of all statistics are made up. On average, unsupported statistics have a 75% chance of falling in the 50% category.

50% of all statistics are made up. On average, unsupported statistics have a 75% chance of falling in the 50% category.

So then what's the point of debating about this? Anything that's contrary to what the other party believes will be dismissed as made up facts. If it agrees with ones point of view, then it's a valid fact.

For the guys out there that don't know this, most women have to schedule their yearly checkup at the end of their previous appointment. If they don't, chances are when they call, they'll have to wait at least 3 months to get an appointment.

The US isn't any better in terms of time for scheduling things

I just pointed out the fail of averages above... Single cases, i.e. outliers have a huge impact on the 'average.' Median is the middle of an arbitrary set. Mean and median still are mediocre measures of 'reality.' They dont mean anything on a case by case basis.

you guys ever seen how the US handles healthcare? *cough* VA Hospitals *cough*

they build an administration building for our VA hospital, was bigger than the actual hospital itself. we also got to go in on our fancy approved government contractor status for GSA (tons of BS paperwork, nothing more), use a minority contractor (yea, some disabled vet in his basement took our number to do the project, added 200k for his profit, and we did the whole thing while he showed up and said it was his project, giving us minority status).... hours and hours of pointless meetings with 200 cheifs while 10 indians did all the work, so much money wasted on "making sure nobody rips uncle sam off" :rolleyes:

the whole thing is so fucking pathetic it's amazing. if the government built and identical building next to any private developer, garuntee the gov't would cost twice as much, take twice as long, and be half the qaulity.

My aunt is the head of some blood lab in a VA hospital. All I know is that it always looks abandoned, no staff, very few patients, but she's always crazy busy? o_O

Stupid racist dog.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XivhwO_zWWg"]YouTube - No Treats From Obama[/ame]

The needy people in our country need health care, and those needy people probably have children, babies even. Are you saying that those people should just be tossed out on their ear and told to just walk it off if they get sick? Are you insane?

Needy people get it already or have you forgotten Welfare?

Last edited:
Seriously, stop vomiting Republican rhetoric and actually look at what might be happening.

From what I've seen about the health care reform, we aren't modeling anything remotely similiar to what England or Canada are using.

So you listened to the interviews or just put up the wall and vomited your rhetoric? You have a man that is living what we are heading for and you think we will be different? You really need to take the blinders off. When you can prove to me and I mean prove it, that this health care take over will not dictate life styles, take more in taxes and not ration care as it does in those countries, then I may feel differently.

So you listened to the interviews or just put up the wall and vomited your rhetoric? You have a man that is living what we are heading for and you think we will be different? You really need to take the blinders off. When you can prove to me and I mean prove it, that this health care take over will not dictate life styles, take more in taxes and not ration care as it does in those countries, then I may feel differently.

I'm not vomiting rhetoric. I'm not necessarily supporting his plan. I haven't seen his plan and I've asked numerous times for people to provide me with the actual plan to read. No one has done that. I'm just not flat out assuming that the healthcare system will evolve to what's happening in Canada when there's proof that universal health care actually works elsewhere.

I'm not blasting his plan because of those assumptions, and I'm not 100% accepting of this plan until I can read it. I haven't had any luck locating the actual plan without finding things that either laud it or demonize it with commentary (i.e. twist it). I want the actual text.

1.) Our current health care system dictates our lifestyles. Plans I have belonged to have given way cheaper health care to those that don't smoke or have lower cholesterol, etc. They're called Healthy Choices programs and they exist here in America as we speak.

2.) I'm sure it's going to take more in taxes, but depending on the amount, what's the difference in paying an additional $300 in taxes as opposed to paying an addiditional $300 in private health care insurance out of your paycheck?

3.)They don't ration health care in France, Italy, or Greece

Here's the plan, as interpreted by a Duke Professor:
http://www.classicalideals.com/HR3200.htm

whole thing seems shitty, power grabbing, and wonderfully written so nobody can understand wtf it says.

i see nothing but negatives. its forcing businesses to pay for it, which in turn most will probably drop your private health insurance coverage and force you onto the gov't coverage.

It's funny how the whole thing targets businesses to pay for it and enroll their employees, then they want it to cover everyone.

basically at the end of the day, the entire country is going to go bankrupt supporting the baby boomers retirement. paying for their healthcare, dealing with social security, etc.

Last edited:
Here's the plan, as interpreted by a Duke Professor:
http://www.classicalideals.com/HR3200.htm

whole thing seems shitty, power grabbing, and wonderfully written so nobody can understand wtf it says.

i see nothing but negatives. its forcing businesses to pay for it, which in turn most will probably drop your private health insurance coverage and force you onto the gov't coverage.

It's funny how the whole thing targets businesses to pay for it and enroll their employees, then they want it to cover everyone.

basically at the end of the day, the entire country is going to go bankrupt supporting the baby boomers retirement. paying for their healthcare, dealing with social security, etc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2009/aug/14/john-david-lewis-healthcare

That's barely even on the same topic. L2Read. The only thing it has in common is that it mentions healthcare. It's not even particularaly well written, just easy to swallow.

The actual text: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.3200:

I especially like:

SEC. 223. PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES.

(f) Limitations on Review- There shall be no administrative or judicial review of a payment rate or methodology established under this section or under section 224.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c111:1:./temp/~c1117FxFYF:e148208: