Ontopic O.H.I.O Is Publicly Shaming Another Convicted Idiot

I don't advocate killing police. I don't advocate killing anyone. I don't like police though. Their overwhelming abuse of power and lack of time spent actually helping people is sickening. For example, I have been harassed by the police for doing things like taking pictures on the side of a road, and driving a very common car and "fitting the description of a wanted person". However, when someone was trying to break into my house and I called 911 the police drove by my house without investigating while the person(s) were still in my yard. They didn't stop, they didn't come to the door, they didn't walk around the property, they didn't shine a light on the property. They just drove by. Had they done anything else they would have actually caught people trying to break into my house. Instead I wound up having to deal with it myself, while alone in my house with my daughter. If those assholes get a death threat every once in a while I don't give two shits.

Is just people doing a job. They are not there specifically to help you, or prevent anything from happening. Outlying incidents can be unfortunate but they are not 'average.'

If you need help you are better off helping yourself. Police are there mostly to handle aftermath, not participate.

Last edited:
I don't advocate killing police. I don't advocate killing anyone. I don't like police though. Their overwhelming abuse of power and lack of time spent actually helping people is sickening. For example, I have been harassed by the police for doing things like taking pictures on the side of a road, and driving a very common car and "fitting the description of a wanted person". However, when someone was trying to break into my house and I called 911 the police drove by my house without investigating while the person(s) were still in my yard. They didn't stop, they didn't come to the door, they didn't walk around the property, they didn't shine a light on the property. They just drove by. Had they done anything else they would have actually caught people trying to break into my house. Instead I wound up having to deal with it myself, while alone in my house with my daughter. If those assholes get a death threat every once in a while I don't give two shits.

I have to admit if that happened to me with the police I'd be pissed enough to consider moving. Or at least I'd be raising some hell with the department after the fact. Not the stopping for "description of wanted person" so much, but not coming to help when called? Shit ours came when we complained about dogs running loose and scaring people and nearly causing an accident. They came rather quick too.

Here in Tampa, we had a guy on the phone with 911 for a good 10 minutes, describing some guy chasing him with a gun. They were both driving. No police arrived until after the dude was shot and on the side of the road dying because of the 'crossing of jurisdictional lines'.

Police are no longer around to prevent crime, just to deal with the cleanup afterwards.

Is just people doing a job. They are not there specifically to help you, or prevent anything from happening. Outlying incidents can be unfortunate but they are not 'average.'

If you need help you are better off helping yourself. Police are there mostly to handle aftermath, not participate.

These incidents aren't outlying. I'm saying I see a force of people who aren't just doing their job. I see these people sitting around in parking lots hanging out and talking to each other while on duty. I see them ignoring people when they are in need while harassing people when they feel like it. And I'll admit, the problem isn't just with the police. The whole system is messed up. It's set up so that no matter who you are, no matter where you are, you are committing a crime and the police can, if they choose, decide to call you on it.

If you'd like I can spend the day linking you to hundreds of stories about police abuse and how the system is skewed and how change is needed.

Honestly, you sound like a racist trying to explain why they hate brown people.
"Well they blew up the World Trade Center, they deserve to be profiled."
"Wait, that guy was in on 9/11? Go stop him!"
"Hell no he weren't in on it, our special ops guys took all those jackasses out! YeeeHaw!"
"So if he has nothing to do with that, why are we stopping him again?"

They are people. People trying to do a job no one likes.

And you can link to so many incidents of negative press because positive press doesnt sell newspapers (figuratively speaking, as nothing really sells papers anymore)

These incidents aren't outlying. I'm saying I see a force of people who aren't just doing their job. I see these people sitting around in parking lots hanging out and talking to each other while on duty. I see them ignoring people when they are in need while harassing people when they feel like it. And I'll admit, the problem isn't just with the police. The whole system is messed up. It's set up so that no matter who you are, no matter where you are, you are committing a crime and the police can, if they choose, decide to call you on it.
Part 1) I have no idea how Maryland hires Police. The quality usually reflects hiring practices though. Here it's through the state civil service for town/city/special (which are your basic hit or miss cops), but the state police are super professional (and require 4 years of college and well paid). Little townships also tend to have specific goals for policing, like making up budget shortfalls from traffic tickets which makes them super annoying. It's not the Police doing that though, it's the town, city, county etc.

Part 2) You say they should take a more active role in preventing crime; the entire collection of laws that enable them to exercise judgement in regard to intervening IS there to enable crime prevention. It's sort of a one or the other deal. There are actually reasons why it's 99% show of force and cleanup, a big one being that they can be held personally responsible if something goes wrong.

Most of them are severely undermanned, underpaid, and overworked. A small amount of diplomacy will get you really far.

Last edited:
Honestly, you sound like a racist trying to explain why they hate brown people.
"Well they blew up the World Trade Center, they deserve to be profiled."
"Wait, that guy was in on 9/11? Go stop him!"
"Hell no he weren't in on it, our special ops guys took all those jackasses out! YeeeHaw!"
"So if he has nothing to do with that, why are we stopping him again?"

They are people. People trying to do a job no one likes.

And you can link to so many incidents of negative press because positive press doesnt sell newspapers (figuratively speaking, as nothing really sells papers anymore)

I see what you are saying, but I don't see the police doing anything positive. If I could see some of that I might be more supportive. My negative attitude also probably comes from living in an area with a very corrupt police force that is incredibly tied to the government and money making. I always thought they were there to keep the peace, not clean up after the peace is not kept.