Ontopic O.H.I.O Is Publicly Shaming Another Convicted Idiot

News flash, there are already free standing speed cameras in many areas. No uniformed office needed. Just wait for the mail!

and you cant really argue against em, its got your picture, your license plate, the speed, etc. I got two up near East Friendship a while back in one day.

I think if they had them everywhere, speed limits would be followed to the T.

I now use Waze when i travel to your region of nanny-state'ing. Warns me when i get near em.

and you cant really argue against em, its got your picture, your license plate, the speed, etc. I got two up near East Friendship a while back in one day.

I think if they had them everywhere, speed limits would be followed to the T.

I now use Waze when i travel to your region of nanny-state'ing. Warns me when i get near em.
Of course you can argue them. When was it last calibrated, etc. Traffic lawyers are geniuses at getting ... ahem... people out of tickets like that.

Of course you can argue them. When was it last calibrated, etc. Traffic lawyers are geniuses at getting ... ahem... people out of tickets like that.

In Maryland it's not so easy. Plus they calibrate those things like clockwork here. I haven't met anyone yet who could get out of one. And the traffic lawyer costs more than the ticket. Why would anyone bother?

In Maryland it's not so easy. Plus they calibrate those things like clockwork here. I haven't met anyone yet who could get out of one. And the traffic lawyer costs more than the ticket. Why would anyone bother?

the fact that theyre smaller fees, and cant put points on your license makes them tolerable.

Its a "shit, yep, i was breaking the law and got caught, ill pay it" situation when i get one of those.

It's $100 bucks here for a lawyer for most small traffic cases.

did you speed, or did you not speed?

If you sped, pay the damn ticket, take some personal responsibility. Its not an unjust fine, you were driving in a manner deemed unsafe, you were warned multiple times by signs not to do that, and you continued to do it, breaking the law.

until it affects you personally, you tend to.

I have had 6. count them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Accidents at the base of my driveway in the past two years, due to people speeding around a sharp curve.

Discounting the property damage, what if i had a kid playing there?

did you speed, or did you not speed?

If you sped, pay the damn ticket, take some personal responsibility. Its not an unjust fine, you were driving in a manner deemed unsafe, you were warned multiple times by signs not to do that, and you continued to do it, breaking the law.

And had the city managed its funds more efficiently it would not have had to resort to money grubbing tactics such as speed cameras. Speed limits are designed with the lowest common denominator in mind, usually heavy trucks. Most vehicles are safer than these (such as in braking, maneuverability, etc), so why do they need to be shackled by the limits of worse vehicles?

I got my first ticket in 7 years on my FL trip a couple months ago. Pulled over for 81 in a 70. I was face palming so hard. I've been on that same road dozens of times and always set my cruise to that speed. Never once been pulled over. Ticket was $180.

I have had 6. count them. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Accidents at the base of my driveway in the past two years, due to people speeding around a sharp curve.

I get that in some places speed limits make sense but I live near a 4 lane divided highway with a 30mph speed limit and not many curves or anything. It's ridiculous.

.... $30 for a speeding ticket? Ya fucking right.

He's not kidding. In my county the fine for a speed camera ticket is $40.

Studies have shown that people drive at the speed they deem safe, regardless of speed limits. How have the speed limits helped you there?
Potholes would do a better job