Ontopic O.H.I.O Is Publicly Shaming Another Convicted Idiot

did you speed, or did you not speed?

If you sped, pay the damn ticket, take some personal responsibility. Its not an unjust fine, you were driving in a manner deemed unsafe, you were warned multiple times by signs not to do that, and you continued to do it, breaking the law.
There are no speed limit signs in most places around here. That's what makes driving exciting. I've never gotten a ticket for speeding though, it's always random stuff like failure to yield, obstructed view of license plate, following too closely, dim headlamp etc.

Last edited:
Studies have shown that people drive at the speed they deem safe, regardless of speed limits. How have the speed limits helped you there?
Potholes would do a better job

clearly they deem wrong.

Speed limits are not the enforcement mechanism. They are what is to be enforced. A speed camera on that curve would cause people to slow down for sure. So would speed bumps.

Speed bumps suck because they also slow down emergency vehicles.

This is a very strange path to take. Emergency vehicles should be going slow through a residential neighborhood. If they hit someone in the road going to an emergency, that no good.

edit: or if they crash into my fuckin driveway, getting stuck and not making it to the emergency.

I dont believe this.
There are mixed use roads where it goes from 55 to 25 because you entered the town limits of random tiny towns, 55 will be posted but at an arbitrary geographic point it changes to 25 and there is usually a cop sitting right there. Or there will be a 45 posted and a school hidden behind a bunch of trees. Then when you get pulled over for speeding in a school zone at 2am in July, you will definitely feel wronged.

This is a very strange path to take. Emergency vehicles should be going slow through a residential neighborhood. If they hit someone in the road going to an emergency, that no good.

edit: or if they crash into my fuckin driveway, getting stuck and not making it to the emergency.

You mean they should proceed at a speed they have deemed safe?
Interesting

clearly they deem wrong.

Speed limits are not the enforcement mechanism. They are what is to be enforced. A speed camera on that curve would cause people to slow down for sure. So would speed bumps.

I am pretty sure (but need to check) that incidents of accidents stay the same on highways that have raised or eliminated speed limits. If that is the case, clearly they were deemed right

I drive like a bat out of hell and I've only ever had 3 speeding tickets here in the US in the 12 years I've been here. It's not hard to avoid the cops over here. That or they really don't care about speeding.

There are mixed use roads where it goes from 55 to 25 because you entered the town limits of random tiny towns, 55 will be posted but at an arbitrary geographic point it changes to 25 and there is usually a cop sitting right there. Or there will be a 45 posted and a school hidden behind a bunch of trees. Then when you get pulled over for speeding in a school zone at 2am in July, you will definitely feel wronged.

Im not sayng there arent varying speed limits. Im saying that your claim that there is no signs is untrue.

It usually has to be blatant in metropolitan areas

The cops here say "anything more than 10mph over the limit should grab our attention". Regardless that actually have to catch you doing it first. When you travel the same roads everyday, you learn where the cops can and can't hide, and where they will and will not most likely hide. The only thing you can't account for is unmarked cars. Yet they are hardly ever sitting on the side of the road waiting, and when they are in traffic, they do kind stick out if you know what to look for.