WTF NY Daily news gets facts from the law books of 1932.

Part of respecting guns is this. Part of it is understanding that they are misused fairly often. The more urbanized the area, the more dangerous it is owning one due to higher theft rates and the presence of more people. I think back to the shooting rampage we had last week here. Some young man drives a 15 mile stretch of road shooting unprovoked at other motorists, wounding many and killing a mother of ten children with a bullet to the face. I can't explain to those kids how he has rights to carry firearms.

Oh, and for the record I love guns. I own several.
This is a bump, I am aware but I'm bored.

Possession with intent to commit a crime or during the commission of a crime is illegal. So technically, no said person doesn't have a 'right.' Obviously it doesnt prevent the outcome, but you can use a lot of other nouns to kill people. Sarcasmo mentioned firearms don't spit out soda, in a lot of places people want to ban soda because of the health effects, one of the cities near me actually banned foie gras (I live in NY). We also have to show ID and sign sheet to buy glue, allergy medication, canned air, kerosene because they are all semi-banned.

The problem with urban areas is the other people >.>