WTF NY Daily news gets facts from the law books of 1932.

in the private sale situation, what happens if someone buys a gun privately that didn't have a chance in hell of buying one from a dealer? nothing?

Nothing federally (*Within a state), obviously MA has laws regulating that, I'm not sure about CT or NY (Or some other states) which require a permit to even purchase a handgun from a dealer, but long guns AFAIK are okay to sell/purchase privately in those states.

*IIRC Federal law prohibits the sale of handguns to out of state residents, they must be transferred to a dealer in the purchaser's home state.

I read an article earlier about almost every time a journalist criticizes the TSA gets added to the watch list and it's a pain for them to fly. I thnk it's total bs that they are working towards TSA checks for buses and trains. They've done tests runs here at the local Amtrak. WTF?! It's getting to be like prewar Germany where you have to have papers to travel anywhere outside of your home city.

in the private sale situation, what happens if someone buys a gun privately that didn't have a chance in hell of buying one from a dealer? nothing?

The same thing that happens whenever someone breaks the law but doesn't get caught for it.

What, like

No matter what terrorist do, they'll never come close to killing as many Armenians as Americans do.

No matter what terrorist do, they'll never come close to killing as many Botswanans (Botswanese?) as Americans do.

etc

I'm not sure that's totally true.

:thrawn: I think he meant more along the lines of every country kills their own countrymen more than outside threats do

in most states you just have to check to make sure they're 18 or 21. not up to you to do a background check... keep a good bill of sale to prove you sold it and that's all you need.

MA is a crap state for gun laws. so is Illinois and California. Illinois requires a permit to buy ammo. :wtf:

I think you have to go through a licensed dealer to sell any guns across state line, but that's about the only rule most people have to worry about.

in most states you just have to check to make sure they're 18 or 21. not up to you to do a background check... keep a good bill of sale to prove you sold it and that's all you need.

MA is a crap state for gun laws. so is Illinois and California. Illinois requires a permit to buy ammo. :wtf:

I think you have to go through a licensed dealer to sell any guns across state line, but that's about the only rule most people have to worry about.
Only handguns per federal law AFAIK, as well as any NFA items - but those have to go through dealers even in-state I believe.

Like it or not, the more people we have in America the more our liberties will erode as everyone pushes for their own preference. A lot of people hate guns, and the fact of the matter is that guns are designed to kill things. Animals, people, it doesn't matter. They don't dispense soda, they fire bullets. Eventually, in many areas, gun rights will evaporate. Hopefully places like Arizona and New Hampshire will, um, stick to their guns. So to speak. *cough*

Guns are designed to take life via the precision placement of a high speed projectile into flesh and bone. We all know it, and that makes a lot of people scared for some reason. Me, I love guns. I love knowing that I can precisely kill whoever threatens me or my loved ones. But we will probably lose a ton of gun rights over the next 50 years.

They're designed to expel bullets from the barrel.

Where those bullets go is no concern of the engineering process.

Unlike the table saws that instantly stop when your finger is in the way. I wonder what that would be like with a pistol.:fly:

Guns are designed to take life via the precision placement of a high speed projectile into flesh and bone. We all know it, and that makes a lot of people scared for some reason. Me, I love guns. I love knowing that I can precisely kill whoever threatens me or my loved ones. But we will probably lose a ton of gun rights over the next 50 years.

Part of respecting guns is this. Part of it is understanding that they are misused fairly often. The more urbanized the area, the more dangerous it is owning one due to higher theft rates and the presence of more people. I think back to the shooting rampage we had last week here. Some young man drives a 15 mile stretch of road shooting unprovoked at other motorists, wounding many and killing a mother of ten children with a bullet to the face. I can't explain to those kids how he has rights to carry firearms.

Oh, and for the record I love guns. I own several.

Or, you could just not put your fleshy bits near the cutty bits, that's worked for most people.

I think if you're gonna stick your fingers in the saw, you should lose them. But then again the table saw is probably the most dangerous power tool people can own.