Now that was fast

itburnswhenipee said:
You are mistaken, madam. The Mason-Dixon line runs through Ohio. Just follow the line that describes the northern border of Maryland west. It goes striaght through Ohio a bit south of Columbus.

Incidentally:
Maryland is a southern state, but central maryland has a distinct northern influence. Washington DC is, after all, a city of northern charm and southern efficency.

I'm in the north

Ryokurin said:
You haven't seen us yet if its going to snow a few inches! Stores are instantly stripped of bread and milk. Why people buy this for a snow storm, I have no clue.

It's 12 degrees currently here and I'm just in a short sleeve polo I didn't wear a jacket while I was scraping my car.

Coqui said:
It's 12 degrees currently here and I'm just in a short sleeve polo I didn't wear a jacket while I was scraping my car.

its warmed up to 14 all the way up here

Bubbles said:
Is ice rain exactly what it sounds like?

ice1.jpg

No I didn't bother scraping, I just didn't go anywhere
ice2.jpg

This was an upright set of shrubs acting as a wall on my deck. Normally you can see the fence and the deck.

tre said:
hooray for british america.

you know, i was going to post some lyrics from a southpark song about canada. but i got to this line in the episode and couldnt help myself.

"That's Scott! He's a dick!"

Coqui said:
Yeah I would have loved to meet you.

Sadly I had the worst steak I have ever eaten in my life for dinner so it was quite an unsavory and lonely meal.
And the CST really fucked with my mind (trying to calculate the trip back and when I could get there reasonably)

Things I leanred or was forced to remember on this trip:

The National Corvette museum is on exit 28 on I-65 in Kentucky.
The slowest big rig was 75 mph in Kentucky and they don't care if you are in the lane they want
The South is nice because it's 70 mph speed limit
They think 40 degrees is freezing :fly:

where did you eat? i should've called you and told you some good places. if you say logan's, i'm going to die.

Thorn Bird said:
where did you eat? i should've called you and told you some good places. if you say logan's, i'm going to die.

Just some generic place close to the hotel. But even the $4 steak here was better than this $17 steak

Coqui said:
Just some generic place close to the hotel. But even the $4 steak here was better than this $17 steak

so where did you stay and where did you eat? seriously. i know the whole town inside out. :D

Coqui said:
ice1.jpg

No I didn't bother scraping, I just didn't go anywhere

Holy Ice Storm Bat Man!!!!!!!!! That is some serious messed up shit there.

little ms. Florida girl in Dallas was all freaking out about a little ice on the windshield . No comparison YOUR life sucks worse!

shellcar.jpg

gottoys? said:
Holy Ice Storm Bat Man!!!!!!!!! That is some serious messed up shit there.

little ms. Florida girl in Dallas was all freaking out about a little ice on the windshield . No comparison YOUR life sucks worse!

shellcar.jpg

That was last years Christmas. Families without power for 9 days starting December 23. Trees were down everywhere and well life in general sucked.

ice3.jpg

We got lucky, most of our trees had just this damage.

Last edited:
People in the south crack me up. The news in Dallas actually said (and I'm not kidding) "Arctic Blast 2005". WTF? We had sleet for about 2 hours and temperatures dropped to 28. :omy: Buncha pussies.

They actually named it as the year's dramatic winter event.

Sarcasmo said:
People in the south crack me up. The news in Dallas actually said (and I'm not kidding) "Arctic Blast 2005". WTF? We had sleet for about 2 hours and temperatures dropped to 28. :omy: Buncha pussies.

They actually named it as the year's dramatic winter event.
No joke. You're a pussy every day of the year and it never makes the news. WTF is up with that?