Now that was fast

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
Just found out, I am going to Decatur, Alabama to pick up a server. Anyone near that vicinity want to possibly hang out? I'll be there one night only.

I'm leaving in a few minutes and will probably get there around 7:00 pm. I'll check this thread when I return from home with a change of clothes.

Coqui said:
Just found out, I am going to Decatur, Alabama to pick up a server. Anyone near that vicinity want to possibly hang out? I'll be there one night only.

I'm leaving in a few minutes and will probably get there around 7:00 pm. I'll check this thread when I return from home with a change of clothes.

OHMIGOD! THAT'S MY HOMETOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itburnswhenipee said:
Wait a minute. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just overnight the server to Columbus?

Would you trust FedEX to ship the only remaining spare server for the type they need overnight?

I don't know all the details, I just know they need me to pick it up.

well if anyone lives near there and wants to hang out, my cell phone is 614-657-2966

Don't call before 5:00 pm though so I can make sure I'm there already and not have to worry about driving.

Coqui said:
Would you trust FedEX to ship the only remaining spare server for the type they need overnight?

I don't know all the details, I just know they need me to pick it up.

It's no different than trusting the airline baggage handlers not to lose it off the back of the luggage train.

Just sayin'.

Edit: oh... you're driving. I get it. I just assumed you'd be travelling by airplane.

Edit some more: I hope you're getting paid mileage.

Coqui said:
well if anyone lives near there and wants to hang out, my cell phone is 614-657-2966

Don't call before 5:00 pm though so I can make sure I'm there already and not have to worry about driving.

Well now you just opened yourself up to 3am ambien induced calls from Bubbles :fly:

coqui, how did it go? i sure wish i would've been there to meet up for dinner with you! i hope decatur treated you kindly. :)

Thats about 50 miles from my hometown, although typically I say that I'm from Huntsville since I effectively spent most of my time there when I started driveing. Decatur is a nice place but they are bitter because they wont build things like a Target and a few minor things because they can drive 10 miles on 565 and get it in Madison/Huntsville. Then again this is small town mentality. My hometown has rumored and bitched for a Olive Garden for years. Finally got it after they legalized alcohol on sunday.