Now accepting applications!!!

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
I've found the perfect location for my modern day hippy commune, an 5000 sq/ft off grid lake front home with 5-7 bedrooms and 3 baths on 7 acres.

17898_4_show.jpg

17898_1_show.jpg

Walk out your front door into a Monet painting. Stroll down to the beautiful secluded lake through perennial gardens or into wooded areas. You can putter in your own attached greenhouse, horse barn or heated workshop. Entertain family and friends in spacious comfort. Or maybe you’d like to take a sauna, soak in the Jacuzzi, relax on the deck, or watch a movie in the soundproofed audio/video room. Now imagine no monthly electric bill and no winter heating bill.

5-7 bedrooms, 3 baths, almost 5000 square inside, but lets look at the lake: Swim at our sand beach, or fish in the 20-acre lake, most times having it all to yourself (No public access, only one other full time resident). The original inhabitants of this area to get from one fishing camp to another, at one time, used Chippewa Trail. Archeological digs at one end of the road show that various tribes have fished this area for thousands of years. Jacks Lake is the highest in the area and has many natural springs. The lake survey shows two pockets of 50’+ depth, and being “upstream” means not having to deal with run-off that turns other lakes green in the summer.

Some of the other amenities: infloor radiant heat, hardwood floors with tung oil finish, marble or ceramic floors in kitchens/baths/laundry, Lots of built in book cases, window seats with great views of the lake, central vacuum, pantry, root cellar, raised garden beds, bearing fruit trees (3 apple, 2 pear) snow melt in the sidewalks and driveway. One acre on the lake is fenced to keep the deer out (no sharing the perennials with ‘em!). Included: washer/dryer, two ranges (one commercial), dish washer, all stained glass light fixtures, a 500 gallon LP tank (owning your own tank allows you to purchase fuel cheaper), LPG refrigerator, LPG chest freezer, and an iron filter that doesn’t use salt.

It's the perfect place to hole up before our alien brothern come back to get us before the world ends. I'm looking for people who enjoy the outdoors and hot tubs. Must be able to contribute to income, home maintainence, or food. So who knows how to hunt and catch/clean fish? :hi2u:

Pandora said:
a 500 gallon LP tank (owning your own tank allows you to purchase fuel cheaper), LPG refrigerator, LPG chest freezer, and an iron filter that doesn’t use salt.
Bwahahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

We have a 1000 gal LP tank, (stove + furnace runs on it). Refills run from $600-$2k. They refill it about every 3 months in the winter. maybe once in the summer. I also fail to see how it qualifies as GREEN. Any petroleum distillate is of course a finite product not to mention it produces the dreaded GREENHOUSE gases.

What the hell does the generator run on? Love?

:lol:

FlamingGlory said:
Bwahahahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

We have a 1000 gal LP tank, (stove + furnace runs on it). Refills run from $600-$2k. They refill it about every 3 months in the winter. maybe once in the summer. I also fail to see how it qualifies as GREEN. Any petroleum distillate is of course a finite product not to mention it produces the dreaded GREENHOUSE gases.

What the hell does the generator run on? Love?

:lol:

I think where they are coming from is that allegedly because LP gas is more consistant the devices that burn it can be made more efficient compared to natural gas. Along with not having to run pipes and such.

There's a property that my Girlfriend is currently looking at just over the PA border here in western MD. 97 acres, two streams, a small pond with a main house and guest house. 12 acres are cleared, the rest is mountainy forest type stuff. All for the asking price of $210k.

Not so good on the fishing, but you are close enough to several major metropolitan centers that your 'commune-ers' could still work, contributing to the lifestyle in that manner.

(and no, 97 acres was not a typo)

reverendsaintjay said:
There's a property that my Girlfriend is currently looking at just over the PA border here in western MD. 97 acres, two streams, a small pond with a main house and guest house. 12 acres are cleared, the rest is mountainy forest type stuff. All for the asking price of $210k.

Not so good on the fishing, but you are close enough to several major metropolitan centers that your 'commune-ers' could still work, contributing to the lifestyle in that manner.

(and no, 97 acres was not a typo)

I was looking at 100 acres in western PA for $15K ... all tested and ready to build on. I'd say $200K ought to build you a beautiful house in that area.

Unfortunately for me, I'm stuck in Georgia :(

What happened to Chikken? Is he off looking for Nev? Seems like he'd have some insight about this. I hope a stingray didn't stick him in the chest.