November Challenge - Insure mikey doesn't run away screaming

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
So, I've decided that for the month of October I will not eat sweets. So no soda, no ice cream (UGH), no office birthday cake, etc . . . .

I've decided to do this now before getting in to deep in the holiday season. It is my opinion that if I keep this to myself I will fail; however, if we do it together then you guys can keep me accountable.

Is there anything that you guys consider your food weakness that you want to stay off of for thirty days?

I stop drinking caffeine for a month every once in a while. I may do this with you though.

btw, this is halloween this month tho...

I have a plan for that. See I'm not a big candy person, but Halloween is at the end of the month. So really you just have to hold off for that one day.

I am however a huge Christmas person and don't know if i could do this with Christmas cookies and cakes in reach.

ain't had no sweets for 9 days already. no bread. no potatoes. no pasta. etc, etc.

can you have fruits D1521?

Due to the rules that I have created in my head right now yes. The things I listed are things that I crave. I don't like that my body craves for things so I want to get them out of my system.

Good Luck D.

I'm up to 8 days of no smoking now, it's tough, but worth it. Also, I haven't drank in a week, it's weird.

Last edited:
Ill give up haggis for a month to show solidarity.
Itll be tough but I think I can do it.
Wish me luck!

I will match your show of good faith and give up goose liver pate for the month

I really don't eat sweets and gave up soda almost 2 years ago...I have maybe 1-2 a week compared to dozens

Ill give up haggis for a month to show solidarity.
Itll be tough but I think I can do it.
Wish me luck!

I will match your show of good faith and give up goose liver pate for the month
See, those I can't give up for 30 days.

But I will, in the spirit of the challenge, give up drinking gin for the next month.

I could say I would give something up, but in all honesty I know I won't. I try not to have tons of junk food around the house for snacking, but I do enjoy it in little bits.

God, I just gave up drinking for the entire month of september AND NOW YOU WANT MORE?!?

FINE!

I'll give up consuming the flesh of the living for October.

DO YOU KNOW HOW TOUGH THAT WILL BE COME HALLOWEEN?!?