Note to self

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
We shan't move to Texas any time soon:

Texas busting drunks ... in bars

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said Wednesday.

The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.

Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

There's a nice little bar here in uptown called the Thomas Avenue Beverage Company, or TABC for short. I shall get thoroughly plastered there next time. The irony of the name should make that quite enjoyable.

This whole ridiculous program is a slap in the face of Texas' brilliant "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" advertising campaign, too. Why tell me to drive people home if they're in jail? Fucking retards. Millions of dollars wasted.

And some of the people they arrested were in their hotel's bar, just to show you how intelligent Texan bureaucrats are. I bet they were in real danger of driving, huh? Late at night, away from their hotel? Pure genius.

I hope every one of these cops gets shot. Maybe a nice crotch shot so they can't breed their stupidity into the gene pool. Maybe that will teach them that trouncing on Americans' rights is completely unacceptable.

Sarcasmo said:
This whole ridiculous program is a slap in the face of Texas' brilliant "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" advertising campaign, too. Why tell me to drive people home if they're in jail? Fucking retards. Millions of dollars wasted.

And some of the people they arrested were in their hotel's bar, just to show you how intelligent Texan bureaucrats are. I bet they were in real danger of driving, huh? Late at night, away from their hotel? Pure genius.

I hope every one of these cops gets shot. Maybe a nice crotch shot so they can't breed their stupidity into the gene pool. Maybe that will teach them that trouncing on Americans' rights is completely unacceptable.

Amen, brother - the funniest things is...cops are the drunkest fuckers around.

Sarcasmo said:
eh, don't blame the cops for enforcing stupid laws :( some of them are assholes but the majority of LEOs in the country are generally there to protect and serve (even though SCOTUS ruled they have no legal obligation to do so :tard: )

sucks that they have to enforce those laws but if they don't then they're not around to enforce laws against rape, robbery, assault, homicide, etc

:bast:

FlyNavy said:
eh, don't blame the cops for enforcing stupid laws :( some of them are assholes but the majority of LEOs in the country are generally there to protect and serve (even though SCOTUS ruled they have no legal obligation to do so :tard: )

sucks that they have to enforce those laws but if they don't then they're not around to enforce laws against rape, robbery, assault, homicide, etc

:bast:

When I was at the USAO here I worked on a huge case involving planting fake drugs on immigrants. Scores of hispanic men went to jail, taken from their families in handcuffs, their business left to debt and failure in some cases. The American Dream was completely stolen from them by crooked cops. (They were later released and the cops were prosecuted - which is where my involvement came in - but no one gave them their money or their lives back. They were left in ruin for no reason whatsoever.)

Dallas is filled with crooked police. They're everywhere. They abuse their power and they have no regard for the people they supposedly protect. I hate them fiercely. I have a lot of friends who are good cops, don't get me wrong, but I think that by principle when you give a man a gun and a badge and set him apart from the common masses you are setting everyone up for trouble. It's very concept encourages abuse and corruption.

Thus the reason that cops should not be considered as higher class citizens. It's unfair to tell them "You're not above anyone yet you're being held to a higher standard." It's one or the other; we either seperate them and hold them to higher standards or realize that cops are human beings and make mistakes. There are bad apples in every walk of life.

FlyNavy said:
Thus the reason that cops should not be considered as higher class citizens. It's unfair to tell them "You're not above anyone yet you're being held to a higher standard." It's one or the other; we either seperate them and hold them to higher standards or realize that cops are human beings and make mistakes. There are bad apples in every walk of life.
Edit: Actually I think I'm saying the same thing you did...

Ignore this post.

It's not entirely unfair. There are many jobs where you are held to a much higher standard of behaviour than the average person, even if that higher standard doesnt apply to your entire way of life. They are not seperate or beholden to any special priv/s simply for being LE, but yes they are expected to act slightly more mature and professional on the job and sometimes off. It protects them, and it protects the people they are obstensibly working for for reason to numerous to list here. Mistakes are usually the result of poor planning, intel, or training.

FlyNavy said:
But how do you NOT consider them higher class citizens, as they have much more power over me than I do over them. And its all about power...

itburnswhenipee said:
This happened at several bars in northern Virginia a few years ago. Can't remember how it played out.
Some people probably just took their beatings and ran. The progrom continued until someone had the money and balls to stand up to them, where the LEA promptly backed down and apologized while doing nothing for the people that accepted their conviction.