Not so much complaining as I am searching...

:confused: I dunno where abouts you are, but nurses up here don't make a lot of money unless you have years of experience. Teachers, however, make even less money up here. It's sad really. I don't think either that of those jobs, people do them for the money, but for the satisfaction of helping others.

no, it's for the (little bit of) money. and insurance.

again...so many people are uneducated by way of finances, respect and values, they aren't even ABLE to teach their kids. i have even thought about going back to cash, just so my kids know what the stuff is. all they see is plastic, whether it be debit or credit. spangelet is starting to learn about money -- the hows and whys -- and i don't know if she truly gets it because i always pay the same, no matter if it's $5 or $500. it's all just a swipe of the card, right? :(
Start paying for some stuff with coins in front of her.

Seriously.

Start paying for some stuff with coins in front of her.

Seriously.

I've set up a plan that allows Haylee to do jobs and earn money and pay for things herself. Unfortunately, the plan hasn't really been put into action yet cause the things she wants to buy don't seem to be important enough to do the jobs when at home, she would rather just play. I imagine once she actually does a job and earns some money that might be different, but she might have to be a little older before she cares enough to try.

in related news, I just spent my planning time reading this thread.

i will try and post more of my opinions later, however.

when does the DJ bashing start? or is that done enough in other threads?

i mean, in a perfect world you get paid to do what you love. but we don't live in a perfect world.

at my wife's graduation a few years ago, the keynote spkr was the new CEO (or somethin) of SweetBay. some lady who'd taken them to new heights.. blah blah.

her advice to the graduates was to "find a job that makes you get up before the alarm goes off because you're so excited about going". My 60 year old mother and I exchanged rolled eyes and chuckles.

I've been working 20+ years and she's been working 40+.. neither.. never, had a job that fits that description.

again...so many people are uneducated by way of finances, respect and values, they aren't even ABLE to teach their kids. i have even thought about going back to cash, just so my kids know what the stuff is. all they see is plastic, whether it be debit or credit. spangelet is starting to learn about money -- the hows and whys -- and i don't know if she truly gets it because i always pay the same, no matter if it's $5 or $500. it's all just a swipe of the card, right? :(
Make them do chores and earn an allowance. Stop buying all but the necessities for them. You learn very quickly the lessons of personal responibility, person finance, and the value of work.

Doctors figuratively and literally shit on them constantly?

We have an R.N. that works for our company and she's meaner and more demanding than the partner doctors. She terrified the you-know-what out of me for the first 5 years I worked here.