Not so much complaining as I am searching...

Culture makes the workplace. I can barely stand half the people I've ever worked with, they all fit exactly into their high school stereotypes no matter what the age. I'm surprised anything ever gets done, most people are lazy, liars, and feel the urge to needlessly rebel.

You have a goal oriented job? Dont -expect- other people to pick up your slack. Indoors and non-services is a suit and tie, or at least button up shirt job, you arent going to be told it's expected. I shouldnt have to handhold you except the first time I show you, you are wasting time if you dont learn stuff. I know what Im doing and you dont. Dont question what you get told.

and so on

The spans all ages and educations. It's cultural.

i guess i take it back waaaaay further...i don't disagree with you here. i just wish times could be simpler, where trade is a reliable option. where money wasn't all life had to be about. it has to come first before anything else. where so much of a person's lifespan was not about slaving for the penny, and quality of life was put second. it's crazy to me that the amount of time one works is more than the amount of time spent with loved ones. and i know i'm talking generally...there are exceptions to every rule...but somewhere along the line the expectations turned into what they are today. :(

i actually read an article recently about housewives without kids and how good it is for a relationship... chick sometimes gets a part time job, but also has time to take care of the home, clean it, maintenance, run all the errands, cook, etc... she has time to do it and it lessons the man's honeydo list... so at night, the couple has alot more time togethor and everything is done around the household so there's no stress.

think about it.

i'd like to meet this woman. i get the point but i don't see how it works, regardless of not adding kids to the mix. again...always exceptions to the rule, but wow.

I can see how that can be beneficial, but I reallllly like helping out with bills and also having the ability to buy him stuff with my own hard earned cash.

That is one thing I don't get about joint checking accounts. You know how much each other spend on gifts. I mean... wtf mang?

when you have one joint account, you tell the other not to look. :fly: that's when you have enough in there to actually be able to BUY gifts. :eek: course, spange and i aren't very big on gifts anyway, so my story's not a good one for this, i guess.

How do librarians still exist when we have both the internet and Barnes & Noble?

thank god for people like myself who cannot afford to just buy books. the only books i buy these days are the ones i'm getting signed, and if i'm lucky, my mother will be around to splurge and buy it for me. :fly: this is the real reason i invited her over to the book festival a couple of weeks ago. ;)

thank god for people like myself who cannot afford to just buy books. the only books i buy these days are the ones i'm getting signed, and if i'm lucky, my mother will be around to splurge and buy it for me. :fly: this is the real reason i invited her over to the book festival a couple of weeks ago. ;)

I go to Barnes & Noble three times a week and haven't bought a book in ages. I just read.

How do librarians still exist when we have both the internet and Barnes & Noble?

Ever try to borrow a book from the internet? Or find a title on very specific topic. B&N kinda blows, I think my personal collection has more depth than they do in non fiction.

Last edited:
I go to Barnes & Noble three times a week and haven't bought a book in ages. I just read.

i'll bet that number would change when i hand my kids over to you for a try. :fly: and i warn you, the babe just started walking. fun = books everywhere and four laps around the entire store...you must include weaving through every aisle! :fly:

i'll bet that number would change when i hand my kids over to you for a try. :fly: and i warn you, the babe just started walking. fun = books everywhere and four laps around the entire store...you must include weaving through every aisle! :fly:

Yea, pre kids Knyte and I would spend hours just browsing through B&N, now we simply drive by and reminisce about those times.

Also, Dharma, being a stay at home mom on a lower income is possible, you just have to decide what's really important and make sacrifices. It's not just for the rich. I think every couple should have a stay at home member, then maybe the world would get back to where it was the norm to live off of one income. It seems everything is all about the money these days.