Not so much complaining as I am searching...

Dear CERN dudes and dudettes: please don't accidentally divide by zero.

1212562898999896.jpg

Window washer. Hazard pay, the wind in your hair, and hot chicks in high-rise offices who show you their boobs as you go by.

As some of you know I have been going through some really hard times until last week. My company shut down and I was semi-laid off leaving me with no time to search for a new job. I decided to stay with the company and work commission only on some programs we had going. The first one sucked and I only made about 800 bucks in 2 weeks so I started to get very worried. Then last week we started a new program and let me tell you how much of a life saver this is. I worked 4 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday and cleared over 1.7 million kwh. Saved the customers over 1000 a month for 2 years on each of there bills and made 5k for less than 8 hours of work.

Each person I sell is going to save about 25% over the term of the contract and I am targeting large business(just sold Golden Corral). There bills for the 4 locations were over 20k a month and starting next month they will get at least 10% off, building over time

I hate being on the phones but I get full take, without a cut from the office and each customer saves a substantial amount. I also get to keep the residual which gets paid on in 1 year, same amount as the first check. So 5k this week and 5k in 1 year, woot!

Back to the phones I go!
I was wondering where the hell you were. Glad to hear you're raking it in again.

My job is awesome for me because I make enough money to pay the bills but most importantly I have an extremely flexible schedule so I always have time to do things that I think are more important than work.

My boss is like my other mother, she's very good to me and aside the occasional outburst from the partners, I have earned a level of respect over the years and that's a good feeling.

I guess I'm not a "career" person, for me a job is a job, pays the bills, and whatever I invest that much of my time into might as well be fun and/or flexible. I've got that here, thanks to the internet ;)

No job is perfect 100% of the time. The secret is finding a job that has more good times then bad times.

Working at an animal shelter would be horrible. You could never get attached to a pet because it would either be adopted or put to sleep. Plus they all smell like animal pee.

No job is perfect 100% of the time. The secret is finding a job that has more good times then bad times.

Working at an animal shelter would be horrible. You could never get attached to a pet because it would either be adopted or put to sleep. Plus they all smell like animal pee.

and then you would get desensitized to the smell and inadvertently smell like pet waste all the time too

i for one love my job. first week on the job and i spent 50 hours in my lab. this will be commonplace for the next 4-5 years. i jump out of bed in the morning, can't wait to cycle in, get my work done, interact with my peers and colleagues, and do it all again tomorrow. my impetus is knowing that someday somehow what i do will make a difference to 1 or 1 million people. never mind the failed experiments or red tape or funding scares, this is what i was meant to do.