Not enough nerdiness here so pics of my collection...

fly said:
Can I see what the spot looks like on the wall from some of your faves?
I like this comparison. Here's a standard MiniMag. You know the standard light that everyone seems to have, or atleast has seen. The mag is on the left, on the right is the Nuwai QIII which is number 3 from the right in the first pic. It's about half the size of a minimag but the output is, well, you see what I mean ;)
q3vsmag.jpg

And here they are all on at the same time.
all_on_top.jpg

all_on_behind.jpg

kristchan said:
sooo.... why flashlights?
I don't know really. I've always kinda liked them. After finding a forum full of absolute maniacs when it comes to flashlights the interest grew and here I am :)

It should also be noted that I haven't bough all of these, I've won 4 of them (the value of the ones I won I would guestimate to about $200-$250) :D

I Robert I said:
I don't know really. I've always kinda liked them. After finding a forum full of absolute maniacs when it comes to flashlights the interest grew and here I am :)

It should also be noted that I haven't bough all of these, I've won 4 of them (the value of the ones I won I would guestimate to about $200-$250) :D

Won them...?

El Borracho said:
Won them...?
The same forum that got me hooked also has raffles from time to time. I got lucky and got myself 1 light and a "gift certificate" to buy what I wanted from one of the dealers. Got myself a flashlight there aswell (actually two now that I think of it, which will make it five in the end).

Another time it was a guy that had a bunch of lights lying around the house and asked if people wanted them. Well I wanted one... so I got entered on the list, ended up at the bottom. But he had more lights than winners so I got to pick two :) Someone estimated the value of the lights he gave away to over $1500. Crazy.

I Robert I said:
I like this comparison. Here's a standard MiniMag. You know the standard light that everyone seems to have, or atleast has seen. The mag is on the left, on the right is the Nuwai QIII which is number 3 from the right in the first pic. It's about half the size of a minimag but the output is, well, you see what I mean ;)
[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/cpf/collection/q3vsmag.jpg[/img]

And here they are all on at the same time.
[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/cpf/collection/all_on_top.jpg[/img]

all_on_behind.jpg
3rd and 4th over from the right have a different hue than the others. What kind of bulb is it? I assume the ones to the left of those two are incandecent and the ones to right of them are LEDs. Correct?

EDIT: I guess just the first three from the left are incandecent. :dunno:

fly said:
3rd and 4th over from the right have a different hue than the others. What kind of bulb is it? I assume the ones to the left of those two are incandecent and the ones to right of them are LEDs. Correct?

From left to right:
Streamlight Twintask 3C:
Six 5mm leds around a Xenon lamp. (leds for dim long lasting light, xenon for more power).​
Stinger XT HP:
6 watt, xenon halogen gas filled bi-pin.​
Pelican M6 Lithium:
Xenon​
Elektrolumens XM-3:
3W Luxeon Star​
Surefire L4 Digital Lumamax:
5W Luxeon Star​
MXDL 3W:
A "HongKong light" with a 3W Luxeon Star clone​
Nuwai QIII:
3W Luxeon Star​
CMG Infinity Utlra:
single 5mm LED​
Arc AAA:
Single 5mm LED​

The difference in tint is caused by the LEDs being from different "bins". The LEDs are binned according to their output, voltage requirement and tint. The whiter and brighter it is the more expensive it gets. The main tints are usually a slight green (ewwww) to a pinkish blue. The incandescent ones (the three on the left) are of course more yellow than the rest. This is because they put out the full spectrum of light, LEDs still have a bit to catch up in that field.

Last edited by a moderator:
fly said:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Drool-Boy said:
I walked down the flashlight isle at frys and thought of you
Some of the damn things were 80 and 90 dollars
For a damn flashlight:tard:

Yeah, I don't really get it either...... but everybody's got a "thing" I guess, and flashlights are his :)