Norwegian old country reunion

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I'm considering getting a reasonably priced assault rifle (less than a grand) and wanted some feedback. I've shot both the AK47 and an AR15 and liked them both (I liked the AK a little more). The AK's are obviously going to be cheaper, and use better ammo IMO, so I've sorted swayed that direction, but wanted to know if there was any reason to go with something in the AR famiily.

I have not yet had the chance to shoot an AK74 or CAR15, but like the shorter "stubby" look of them over the full-size versions, do they lose any accuracy, reliability, anything of that nature when going with the PDW types as opposed to the long ones?

Suggestions? Opinions? Thoughts on which would take down a killer zombie clown faster?

Lame-o said:
Speaking of clowns, The Devil's Rejects was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I could've told you that by the trailers and the movie it was a sequel to.

KNYTE said:
I could've told you that by the trailers and the movie it was a sequel to.

I used a free movie pass, and I still wanted my damn money back.

I will never waste another 2 hours of my life on Rob Zombie crap.

AK-47's are fun and cheap, but if I had to do it again I'd get an AR-15. In fact, it's still #1 on my list to get next.

They're WAY more accurate out of the box, and are a heck of a lot easier to customize. You can even build one with extreme ease to save yourself a bit of money.

Add in the cheap .22 conversion kits or top ends, and now that the '94 Crime Bill has expired the one thing that kept me away from the AR before is no longer an issue - mag prices are cheap again.

ChikkenNoodul said:
AK-47's are fun and cheap, but if I had to do it again I'd get an AR-15. In fact, it's still #1 on my list to get next.

They're WAY more accurate out of the box, and are a heck of a lot easier to customize. You can even build one with extreme ease to save yourself a bit of money.

Add in the cheap .22 conversion kits or top ends, and now that the '94 Crime Bill has expired the one thing that kept me away from the AR before is no longer an issue - mag prices are cheap again.

Plus every Jihad Joe has an AK. Be different.

ChikkenNoodul said:

But could build a stubby AR for around $400 like I could pay for a nicer AK47/74?

Lame-o said:
Just get a tax stamp and play with machine guns.

It's on my list for about my 35th bday.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The $200 stamp for each gun pales in comparision to dropping $8-12 grand on a $700 MP5

There is a company called Bobcat arms that is making MP5 clones for around $1500. I'd like to find a rent-a-range that has one so I can check them out before I buy however.

Spas-12s are loads of fun to shoot, too. My buddy was in the 101st Airborne and is a total gun lunatic and works at a gun shop/range now, and that's what I mess around with whenever I go to see him.

KNYTE said:
There is a company called Bobcat arms that is making MP5 clones for around $1500. I'd like to find a rent-a-range that has one so I can check them out before I buy however.
I'd be wary of any MP5 clone, there's a company out there that's changed it's name a couple times at least because they turn out such shitty HK clone products.

What do you want to use it for?

About the only thing you can do with any AK variant is shootup stuff randomly.

I have a fetish for the clean lines and overall accuracy of the AR-15 platform. Not to mention the abundance of cheap parts, ammo, mags, accessories.