Norse mythology is ruining LOTR for me =(

When I move to a place that lets me have pets I'm going to get a big dog and name him Odin. :heart:

When I get a pet eagle I'm gonna name him shitsonyerhead.

theacoustician said:
You've never seen Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress, have you?
Is that some kind of Kung Fu Hong Kong knockoff or something?

theacoustician said:
Nope, just were Lucas stole about half the ideas for Star Wars.
Yeah, I'm sure he ripped off ideas for a scifi movie from some foreign film...:rolleyes:

i hate it when they make a film thats either an updated copy or a rip off of a great film, i mean the taxi films were great, and now we have the "americanised" thing (i can even call it a film) or someof the amazing chinese/japanese film that are badly subbed, i mean just read the subtitles, you illiterate people...[/RANT]

Restless said:
i hate it when they make a film thats either an updated copy or a rip off of a great film, i mean the taxi films were great, and now we have the "americanised" thing (i can even call it a film) or someof the amazing chinese/japanese film that are badly subbed, i mean just read the subtitles, you illiterate people...[/RANT]

Yeah I hate when Hollywood recreates a badass jap film. I love subtitled films, they rock, infact I prefer subtitled films. I love turning the subtitles on French sometimes and feeling smart for understanding. :D

smileynev said:
Yeah, I'm sure he ripped off ideas for a scifi movie from some foreign film...:rolleyes:

from IMDB:

In an interview for the Criterion collection DVD, George Lucas states that while this film is a story a story about a princess and her protectors that this is not the element inspired Star Wars. Lucas states the inspiration comes from the telling of the story through the eyes of two smaller roles. In Hidden Fortress it is the two thieves, in Star Wars it is C3PO and R2D2

Nemo said:
Yeah I hate when Hollywood recreates a badass jap film. I love subtitled films, they rock, infact I prefer subtitled films. I love turning the subtitles on French sometimes and feeling smart for understanding. :D
he he, gotta love the japanese films, i saw one last night but had no idea what was going on, really was confusing even with subs... but the put the subtitles in french er..smartass....

theacoustician said:
You should watch it. It's a pretty damn cool movie.
I've wanted to for quite some time, just never gotten around to it. Anything that inspired the Star Wars has got to be good.