Norse mythology is ruining LOTR for me =(

I think in 8 Odin was a bitch to get...and then they KILLED him in the game. How the hell are you going to KILL Odin? I mean...C'MON! but they replaced him with Gilgamesh which was kind of cool.

I love how in FF8 the name of their dragon space shit was "Ragnarok" I remember when I read that in a Norse myth book and was all "Holy shit, that's AWESOME!"

And Quetzacotl was pretty cool. Wasn't he the god of agriculture or something? I suppose that's why he looked like a plant bird in the game.

Millions said:
I think in 8 Odin was a bitch to get...and then they KILLED him in the game. How the hell are you going to KILL Odin? I mean...C'MON! but they replaced him with Gilgamesh which was kind of cool.

I love how in FF8 the name of their dragon space shit was "Ragnarok" I remember when I read that in a Norse myth book and was all "Holy shit, that's AWESOME!"

And Quetzacotl was pretty cool. Wasn't he the god of agriculture or something? I suppose that's why he looked like a plant bird in the game.

He was the aztec god of "the east wind"

ChikkenNoodul said:
I would think it would make it that much more interesting myself actually

I think LOTR myth is cool too though because it's more straight forward then Norse stuff. Granted, Norse stuff is some epic shit but some of it's just wierd...like Odin wanted to gain all this knowledge so he hanged himself the Tree of Knowledge or something like that and died...what the fuck? How the hell does that make you smarter and not dead? I mean I guess he's a god and can do whatever he wants but STILL! WIERD!

Millions said:
I think LOTR myth is cool too though because it's more straight forward then Norse stuff. Granted, Norse stuff is some epic shit but some of it's just wierd...like Odin wanted to gain all this knowledge so he hanged himself the Tree of Knowledge and died...what the fuck? How the hell does that make you smarter and not dead? I mean I guess he's a god and can do whatever he wants but STILL! WIERD!

Us Europeans are a weird bunch.

Weren't the Romans gods like a bit more normal? All they did was fuck and stuff from what I remember. Really should learn greek and roman gods for quizzes.

Roman gods are so boring though for some reason. They're a bunch of pussies compared to the Norse badasses.

Hey we used to chew mushrooms and go berserk daily, is it strange that our mythology is slightly fucked up? :D

Nemo said:
Hey it's my mythology too, your guys raped and pillaged in England and don't forget it. :mad:
Hey, how do you think we got all the good looking womens? ;)