Norm Abram would be proud of me.

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
67,222
35,286
1,323
52
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
So we "inherited" an old rocking chair from the in-laws.
The thing is 30+ years old, been generally abused, and a few years ago
was in a flood. After the flood it was just left in a corner in the garage.
So the wife decides she wants (me) to restore it, because her mom rocked
her in it when she was a baby, and (soon) she wants to rock her own babies in it.
So anyways, here it is,

The way it was when we got it:

brokechair.jpg


Stripped, cleaned up, repaired and re-assembled:

strippedchair.jpg


And finished , minus the cushion, wich I have to find someone to make for me:

finished1.jpg


finished2.jpg



Thank you for joining us for this edition of the New Yankme Workshop.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
51
close to Seattle
Pandora said:
Verah cool!! Theac will :drool:. We refinished a coffee table once. Looked like ass tho. NEVER use the all in one stain and polyurethane.


:lol: Sorry, but it's a shame you two had to learn that the hard way.
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
67,222
35,286
1,323
52
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
Pandora said:
Verah cool!! Theac will :drool:. We refinished a coffee table once. Looked like ass tho. NEVER use the all in one stain and polyurethane.


Yeah, stain and clear coat separately
That combo stuff never works


edit - btw, you guy like my sexy painted garage floor?
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
51
close to Seattle
Drool-Boy said:
Yeah, stain and clear coat separately
That combo stuff never works


edit - btw, you guy like my sexy painted garage floor?


I was going to comment on it- I like and am jealous of it. My garage floor needs a repaint.
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
67,222
35,286
1,323
52
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
BigDov said:
I was going to comment on it- I like and am jealous of it. My garage floor needs a repaint.



I painted it right after we moved in so no grease or oil or anything could get on it.
Its that 2part epxoy stuff.