Non-meaters: What are you doing this weekend?

SpangeMonkee said:
Be a dentist! God knows, the UK needs 'em.
It does, but not because of the stereotype, but because noone wants to be a dentist. It's a shitty job, even if the pay and hours are good.

Galen said:
It does, but not because of the stereotype, but because noone wants to be a dentist. It's a shitty job, even if the pay and hours are good.
I really dont understand. How could a country be short of a profession like that. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it

fly said:
I really dont understand. How could a country be short of a profession like that. It really doesn't make sense if you think about it
1 person out of 120 people I knew wanted to do it, and that sentiment is echoed across the country. It's not a profession many people here want to do. Similar marks will get you into almost any subject you wish to do. Also, dentistry is limited to a couple of fields whereas in medicine it's up to you (after completion of MBChB)

Yep. you start getting into the root canal and reconstructive part of denistry thats when you make money. but the cleaning and basic maintance part kind of sucks.