Non-denominational holiday season vacation ideas

We usually have good company discounts abroad but this being top dollar travel season the only thing available right now is 20% off a bunch of places in the Caribbean and Mexico. Other side of the Earf from you but if you're interested let me know.

Easy. Prague. Shit will be crazy on new years.

general debauchery or is there something specific I should look into?

Ibiza !!!!!!

liamz says it's douchebag mecca and well...who knows douchebags better than he? :D

dude, Thailand would be amazing.

wow, that may very well be on my agenda for spring/summer

Venice at Christmas is pretty amazing. Plus, you can take the train up through Aviano and hit up some amazing skiing in the Dolomites.

I've never been skiing, I would likely die. sounds sexy tho

We usually have good company discounts abroad but this being top dollar travel season the only thing available right now is 20% off a bunch of places in the Caribbean and Mexico. Other side of the Earf from you but if you're interested let me know.

much appreciated, broseph, but any savings would likely be eaten by the additional airfare :heart:

@DJBrenton's idea sounds awesome, but I'm still wondering how this trip would start. fly directly into london or fly into another city and take the train to the UK? take another train through a different route back to my original arrival point for the flight back to dubai.

berlin? prague? I guess it would largely be dependent on air fare but if y'all could choose a starting point what would you do?

edit: I'd better not get fucked over on this vacation approval

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you been to Paris If not then that's a must IMO. Scotland is New Year's Eve capital of the world. You could always pop up to Lapland to see Santa. So fly to Paris, channel tunnel to London, train to Nottingham. Spend Christmas at mine ( I have a spare room), train to Glasgow or Edinburgh for NYE, train then ferry to Norway, train to Santa Village to complain about your presents, then back to the sandbox. If you really want then you could firstly fly to Venice and take the Orient Express to Paris.

Alternatively, do it the other way round. Visit Santa, then set fire to the Gavle goat (yes he'll be back from Nov 28th) and get a ferry from Sweden to the UK in time for Christmas. Christmas, NYE then Paris then Venice via Orient Express ( don't get murdered).

Last edited:
Have you been to Paris If not then that's a must IMO. Scotland is New Year's Eve capital of the world. You could always pop up to Lapland to see Santa. So fly to Paris, channel tunnel to London, train to Nottingham. Spend Christmas at mine ( I have a spare room), train to Glasgow or Edinburgh for NYE, train then ferry to Norway, train to Santa Village to complain about your presents, then back to the sandbox. If you really want then you could firstly fly to Venice and take the Orient Express to Paris.

Alternatively, do it the other way round. Visit Santa, then set fire to the Gavle goat (yes he'll be back from Nov 28th) and get a ferry from Sweden to the UK in time for Christmas. Christmas, NYE then Paris then Venice via Orient Express ( don't get murdered).

Awesome, it looks like the earliest I'll be able to leave country is the 21st which gets me into Dubai late afternoon. Depending on the flight availability it's either an immediate transfer to europe or I stay the night and leave the next day. However I don't have to return to country until the second week of January giving me plenty of time after the holidays to explore.

Have not been to Paris and it's a major hub for Gulf Air which is my usual airline when leaving Dubai. That works well.

I'm looking into different ferry options to the frozen north. Santa Village is in the arctic circle, that's crazy. My testicles are shrinking at the very thought. That looks like quite a trek to get up there, though I imagine travel across the north sea would be relaxing. The train ride up the p*nis might have prettier views in the winter than the main part of the continent. And it would probably be the coldest cold I'll ever experience.

One big question is whether to come back down to paris to fly out or fly out of...I guess stockholm would be the largest hub. I still have a lot of train routes to look at, figure out where they all are. I don't think Venice is in the cards this time, I have an italian centered excursion planned for a future vacation.

Had to google gavle goat and I'm certainly mispronouncing it.

are war spoils an appropriate christmas present? because if not there's no point in putting all these afghan children in my checked baggage

thanks for all the tips, this is certainly helping out

Last edited:
yes! so due to some delays in knowing for sure when I could leave I had to hold off on plane tickets. then I learned about some friends in germany so the best deal I got was to fly into frankfurt. from there I'll take the train up to your neck of the woods, then head up farther north to edinburgh. at this point I'm trying to decide if I should take the train back down to frankfurt OR find a ferry to holland first. north sea ferries seem plentiful

You 'learned about some friends in Germany'? Are these 'dating site friends' or something that you've just 'learned' of them. In response to your PM, there IS no wrong time to turn up with afghan children. They are for life not just for Christmas.

You 'learned about some friends in Germany'? Are these 'dating site friends' or something that you've just 'learned' of them. In response to your PM, there IS no wrong time to turn up with afghan children. They are for life not just for Christmas.

air force guy that I worked with in kabul last year is stationed at ramstein :D

About this friends in Germany thing, you've seen Hostel, right Semperfly?

negative. is it a love story like human centipede?