NO WOW FOR YUO!

elpmis said:
well for one, I'm kinda piss; I planned on picking up the game this week, but now I gotta wait (probably for a few months)

edit: looks like I'll have to make money by having sex with old men in the mean time :mad:

fixt for accuracy

bast_imret said:
If I find a copy while out and about, would you want me to pick it up for you? You'd just have to pay for the game and for me to mail it to you. Heck, theac already knows where they have copies in stock by him, maybe he could too.
I gotta check my BB first, but I'll let you know if I get desperate :heart:

elpmis said:
the more people on a server, the more guilds/clans; the more guilds/clans there are, the more guild/clan wars there are;

also, the more people there are, the more people there are to level and trade with

aaaand, the more people there are on your server means that's where it's happenin'
I thought the point to ever MMORPG was to find an empty server, level up as fast as possible, then rape all the new kids coming onto the server while you find colorful ways to question their sexuality and make social commentary about their mothers.

theacoustician said:
Then educate me, cause I don't get it. If I play an online game and I see a crowded server, I usually don't go for it. I'll go for the ones with a mid level load. How is this any different?

elpmis already answered pretty well. In this case, it's not like playing on a CS server, where if it gets too laggy, you just switch to another one. Once you pick a server, that's where you stay, unless you make an alt on another server. The guild I had planned on playing with was on illidan since launch, so when I started, I picked the server where the guild was.

Guilds are great cause they help everyone. If I am in need of an item, I can usually get it really cheap, if not free from a guildie, and all the items I skin and mine usually go to the high level craftsmen in the guild so they can make more items for the members. Plus they are people you can rely on when grouping up, as opposed to the random tards you get when you do an open LFG.

Also, like elpmis said, and this applies moreso on a PvP server, it's just not as much fun fewer people. Like you and I playing UT2k4 on a 32 person map with just the two of us. More people = more action. More raids, more PvP. The quests are fun, but the best time I've had is when I come across a horde player around the same level and we go toe to toe. It's intense.

theacoustician said:
I thought the point to ever MMORPG was to find an empty server, level up as fast as possible, then rape all the new kids coming onto the server while you find colorful ways to question their sexuality and make social commentary about their mothers.

for powerlevelers and grinders, yea. But those people suck. I hate getting ganked by a lvl 50+ horde when I'm out working on a quest (unless it's a raid, cause well, that's kinda the point). For people more concerned about gameplay, which this game was made for (I'm sure you've seen all the comments about how it's tailored more towards the casual player than other MMO's) this isn't the case. I'd rather be on a high pop server with lots of people I know and have a fun time partying with than a low pop server all by myself.

elpmis said:
if you go to blizzard's site you can see that they are hiring new server admins and database staff - it's obvious they are going to increase the size of their capacity, meaning, it's probably not a marketing ploy
Yeah, but what are most companies solutions to this problem. Ignore the complaining users and quietly fix the problem. Pulling games is where the marketing comes into play. Look how valuable the game is now.

fly said:
Yeah, but what are most companies solutions to this problem. Ignore the complaining users and quietly fix the problem. Pulling games is where the marketing comes into play. Look how valuable the game is now.

The main reason though is cause they don't want more people joinging in right now when there are already more than they can handle. Besides, this in no way affects the euro release, as it is on a completely separate system. They will not be playing with us.

bast_imret said:
The main reason though is cause they don't want more people joinging in right now when there are already more than they can handle. Besides, this in no way affects the euro release, as it is on a completely separate system. They will not be playing with us.

Good. Keep those filthy European asshats off of our pretty, shiny American servers. Unless they're french, then they'll just drop their chainmail and +5 holy sword of redeeming and run at the first sight of a PvP fight.

smileynev said:
Good. Keep those filthy European asshats off of our pretty, shiny American servers. Unless they're french, then they'll just drop their chainmail and +5 holy sword of redeeming and run at the first sight of a PvP fight.
:lol:

SpangeMonkee said:
DDR or some booty?

hhmmm..

I've quit a many of games of Desert Combat to get some.

I can multitask. Like the other night, got home, payed bills, checked foram, ate dinner, DDRed, and got some bootay, all in one evening! It's not like I'm giving up one for the other, just have to manage my time better ;)

Edit: and I haven't touched WoW in 3 days.

Edit part deux: mainly cause JJ wanted to watch me play RE4, ooooooooo!