no more Porkchops for me

Preprocessed food isn't safe either. Today I had tuna with crackers and I pulled two pieces of black hair out of the tuna can.

Hair doesn't gross me out so I put it to the side and continued eating. BUT COME ON WEAR A HAIRNET.

So wait, do the worms regenerate after being frozen?

Because unless you are buying fresh meat from a butcher, most meat has been frozen previously .. during its trip to the grocery store. Or so I've been told. Then you usually freeze it when you get home.

I'm still all weirded out. I'm glad I havent' eaten any lately. Or I might get sick.

So wait, do the worms regenerate after being frozen?

Because unless you are buying fresh meat from a butcher, most meat has been frozen previously .. during its trip to the grocery store. Or so I've been told. Then you usually freeze it when you get home.

I'm still all weirded out. I'm glad I havent' eaten any lately. Or I might get sick.

I don't believe there are worms in pork unless it is seriously process incorrectly. Have you ever cut into a pork chop and seen the remnants of a worm inside of it? Nope.

Here is validity: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/porkworm.asp

Roundworms usually dont die if you freeze them. Or if you irradiate them... Though apparently *is reading the info* they only live for 6 weeks, so freezing at -10 for 20 days will kill them.

Parasitic biology is the -only- fun biology.

With all the e. coli and other things running rampant in our fast food chains and veggies (ie. onions, lettuce, spinach) right now .. it wouldn't suprise me in the least that things are dirty/contaminated/not properly inspected.

And if they were in there, I doubt you'd see them after they were cooked. They'd blend in with the pork and whatever marinade/other foods you served it with.

I rarely eat hamburger meat anymore after a book I read for a report in a class last semester. If I do it's ground sirloin :lol:.

Last edited:
wow, that is the only time I've seen snopes be off o_O They dont address whether the worms are there, just if you can be infected.

There are not worms unless you buy shitty meat. That's painfully obvious. Yes the meat at the grocery store might not be top shelf quality, but it's not ridden with worms you can visually see.

Have we not all cut into a piece of raw pork? Come on now.

There are not worms unless you buy shitty meat. That's painfully obvious. Yes the meat at the grocery store might not be top shelf quality, but it's not ridden with worms you can visually see.

Probably depends on the area of the country :p I'm not sure what you call shitty meat though. The beef from various places around here is painfully off even fresh, P&C, IGA, BJ's, and I simply wont go into Aldis. Get anything fresh from Wegman's which is rather uppity, they buy all their produce locally (my brother's farm actually), meat is ok on both sides, not just the top.

Mrs. Chikken's gotten a worm in a pork chop before, but it probably was substandard meat.

I've been to a couple of places that let me order my pork chops medium rare :drool: :shady:

Preprocessed food isn't safe either. Today I had tuna with crackers and I pulled two pieces of black hair out of the tuna can.

Hair doesn't gross me out so I put it to the side and continued eating. BUT COME ON WEAR A HAIRNET.

Maybe the preparer was an armless Albanian dwarf who has to use her feet at work, they don't exactly make hairnets for toes.