FYI No more "New Every Two" for Verizon customers

oh, nice! i can probably hold out until i move in march, but if my coverage still sucks at the new place i'll request one then. how long is a while? i've only been with them a year and a half. not sure if i qualify for special treatment yet.

if they're really nice i might consider staying with them and getting a pair of Evo's.

didn't you just buy that place? or did you end up not buying I would have to guess?

Actually, it was quite easy with mine (Touch pro 2), they even unlocked the SIM for foreign travel with a simple phone call.

this person got overseas without the SIM getting activated and there's no fixing it until they get back because it has to be activated via cdma in the US :fly: coworker caught hell for that one

didn't you just buy that place? or did you end up not buying I would have to guess?

offer fell through on two different houses, then work got unstable as a result of the housing market tanking (architecture firm) so I decided against pursuing ownership for now. which was a good call. a coworker who bought got stuffed by property tax hikes as a result of falling sales tax revenue and is struggling.

oh, nice! i can probably hold out until i move in march, but if my coverage still sucks at the new place i'll request one then. how long is a while? i've only been with them a year and a half. not sure if i qualify for special treatment yet.

if they're really nice i might consider staying with them and getting a pair of Evo's.
I would imagine if you tell them your story, sobbing because you can't hardly speak with your indigent mother who you support, they'll rush one over.

I got the evo. It's nice, but barely a one hander. My thumb keeps pressing the wrong crap. I do like the evo shift. The only drawback for me is the lack of vid phone capability (no front facing camera). But the size is perfect.

Last edited:
I got the evo. It's nice, but barely a one hander. My thumb keeps pressing the wrong crap. I do like the evo shift. The only drawback for me is the lack of vid phone capability (no front facing camera). But the size is perfect.

Some of us don't have Nancy hands. :p

I would imagine if you tell them your story, sobbing because you can't hardly speak with your indigent mother who you support, they'll rush one over.

evo-shift is new, yes? i just noticed it the other day on the sprint site. might be the phone for me since i'm still a hardware keyboard nerd. is it smaller than the evo?

also, pulling the 'new every two' plan is poor marketing. everyone likes to feel like they're getting something. They could just fuck with the pricepoint of the phones - like they've always done - so it seems like you're getting the $2499.00 iPhone for the low low litgo price of $2.00.

evo-shift is new, yes? i just noticed it the other day on the sprint site. might be the phone for me since i'm still a hardware keyboard nerd. is it smaller than the evo?

Yeah. it's 3.6" vs 4.3" on the evo. it's slightly thicker, but easily a one hander if you've got to enter passwords etc, while you're on the phone & driving, busy, etc. I got my daughter the Epic - & it's totally a slick phone. qwerty & all. I may upgrade to that one.

how much crap gets backed up over the air? for example, if i write some notes/memos (or whatever the app is called in android) and throw my phone in the ocean will my new phone have the same notes/memos on it? bookmarks? installed apps?

good question. I get all that shit back from blackberry enterprise server but have no idea how it works otherwise

it's important to me because i beat the shit out of my phones, sometimes literally. with the pre the only thing that doesn't get backed up are my photos and any downloaded content or app specific data like my angry birds level. when i get my phone swapped out the replacement, once i enter my passwords, resyncs all my contact info, downloaded apps, memos, bookmarks, even arranges the apps on the home screens the way i had them. it's the most seamless transition imaginable and after breaking two pre's (thank god for total equipment protection) i'm hooked. i don't ever want to plug a phone into a computer to sync it again.