No more: 'blue form, brown box' for me

SpangeMonkee said:
my unemployment is up and I have a new job waiting tables at Houlihan's. though, I don't start to the 11th.

is it at perimeter? I worked there in like '94 :)

SpangeMonkee said:
my unemployment is up and I have a new job waiting tables at Houlihan's. though, I don't start to the 11th.

What does your wife do for a living?

SpangeMonkee said:
thanks, can you chip iin for mortgage too? wait. I thought we were gonna feed you guys next.

Feed you, clean you, and pay the mortgage??? You'd better start giving up some sugah honey if you're wantn' a Sugah Mommah!

Well you were going to feed us next.... dunno if you still wanna do that tho.

cool. I didnt even know they were still around. the last one I saw was in Alpharetta a few years ago, next thing I knew was that they went chapter 11 and it closed up the next week. I havnt seen one since.

But yes I like how some people love to say that the economy is going great when the reason unemployment is dropping is because people are running out of it, or went on to something else thats nothing like what they had because theres nothing out there.

Pandora said:
Well if ya'll need to eat or take a warm shower this week you're welcome at our place. ;) :heart:

bwahahah......wait, that's not really funny. er...we'll be moving in tonight. if i can find our toothbrushes in the dark, that is. and right after we eat cold ravioli out of the can.

Ryokurin said:
cool. I didnt even know they were still around. the last one I saw was in Alpharetta a few years ago, next thing I knew was that they went chapter 11 and it closed up the next week. I havnt seen one since.

But yes I like how some people love to say that the economy is going great when the reason unemployment is dropping is because people are running out of it, or went on to something else thats nothing like what they had because theres nothing out there.

I'm not sure how much I buy that 100%. There's going to be a certain level of unemployment just because some people aren't employable. In some cases people who were let go in the slump after 911, were just cases of companies trimming the fat. Hell, the past few times they were hiring at my old company they had a hard time finding anyone that was worth a damn. We went through 3 people in accounting before finding someone that would actually do any work. And I was told when I was hired at my new company that they had some trouble finding someone that 'clicked'. Tons of resumes came in for the job posting, but everyone stunk in the interviews. I know JJ's had problems with it too in her area. She's had a hard time filling the positions they've had open. So the really good people have to fight to be recognized, or they get lost in the haystack. :(