NO Katrina party

theacoustician said:
That's the same logic people used to justify buying plasmas with FEMA debit cards. No dice.

They were given, by some accounts, as much as $100 billion to rebuild their city and to help raise them from nothing. They are obviously are no where near done with that effort. Rather than reinvesting in themselves to help honor the spirit of those that helped them, they blow it partying. Nice, real nice. Next time a hurricane hits that area, better not ask for a dime in aide. I sure as hell didn't see any area of Florida or the Carolinas throwing parties when their clean up was only half done.
Oh I'm not saying a penny of the federal money should be spent on throwing party. I abhor the concept of FEMA in the first place. If they want to throw a party on their own dime let them do whatever they please but money for rebuilding the city should be used for rebuilding the city and nothing more.

But we both know it won't. We both know that numerous federal, state and local politicians had their pockets lined with some of that money. We both know that statues and plaques and other such memorials will be built by shady contractors with ties to those politicians using that money so they can skim a little off the top. We both know it'll be wasted. I'm just saying that I don't think it's tasteless for them to party. Just don't spend my money doing it.

Let them have their party. Just make sure that buses are at the Astrodome to pick up the residents of NO currently residing in Houston and deposit them back in NO.

Since one of my mottos is eat, drink and be merry, I rarely have problems with a people having parties. What's life for if you aren't having a good time living it? I can agree with not spending state or federal money on the event, but why not have one? Nobody should work all the time every day.

FlyNavy said:
I'm just saying that I don't think it's tasteless for them to party. Just don't spend my money doing it.
BadMojo said:
Let them have their party. Just make sure that buses are at the Astrodome to pick up the residents of NO currently residing in Houston and deposit them back in NO.
And that's the point. They are still to this day leeching off other cities and states of the nation by not taking back their residents and dumping them off on others.

theacoustician said:
And that's the point. They are still to this day leeching off other cities and states of the nation by not taking back their residents and dumping them off on others.

A lot of the former residents don't want to go back, and I really can hardly blame them. Ohio's got plenty of room for others and I hope that the people who migrated here from New Orleans can find a comfortable life here.

There's no doubt that people involved abused the aid we as a country gave to them, but I'm not going to blame everyone who lived/are still living in New Orleans for this. It was a horrible disaster, and I'm upset by how many people reacted to the situation. Raping, stealing and murdering didn't solve anything. I just can't believe that everyone in New Orleans are bad people.

Let them have their parties. How can they ever even hope to rebuild and make a better community if they have no spirit or drive for this? If it isn't a good, fun, and happy place to be, nobody will want to be there at all.

eileenbunny said:
A lot of the former residents don't want to go back, and I really can hardly blame them. Ohio's got plenty of room for others and I hope that the people who migrated here from New Orleans can find a comfortable life here.

There's no doubt that people involved abused the aid we as a country gave to them, but I'm not going to blame everyone who lived/are still living in New Orleans for this. It was a horrible disaster, and I'm upset by how many people reacted to the situation. Raping, stealing and murdering didn't solve anything. I just can't believe that everyone in New Orleans are bad people.

Let them have their parties. How can they ever even hope to rebuild and make a better community if they have no spirit or drive for this? If it isn't a good, fun, and happy place to be, nobody will want to be there at all.

agreed on all counts

edit: and it is a free country...you can't just round everyone up and force them to go back

why_ask_why said:
agreed on all counts

edit: and it is a free country...you can't just round everyone up and force them to go back

They DONT have to go back. They can stay here as long as they want, I dont care.

BUT GET A FUCKING JOB AN QUIT MOOCHING YOU FUCKING LEECHES

To this day I still see them on the news whining cuz femas gonna quit paying their rent for them:tard:

Drool-Boy said:
They DONT have to go back. They can stay here as long as they want, I dont care.

BUT GET A FUCKING JOB AN QUIT MOOCHING YOU FUCKING LEECHES

To this day I still see them on the news whining cuz femas gonna quit paying their rent for them:tard:

I guess we got lucky...haven't heard a peep about the people that ended up here

Flamer McDickchugger said:
So if no one is willing to give them a job, and they have no skills, then what?

They fucking starve and die.
Its called natural selection.
That or they beg for change at the intersections like the rest of the hobos do.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/23/Worldandnation/Who_s_rebuilding_New_.shtml

They aren't interested in working. There are plenty of construction jobs to be had, obviously. I don't buy the "I can't afford to get back home line". The immigrants weren't dropped off by the stork or beamed in. Hell, the could probably pick up NO residents in Houston on their way through Texas and carpool together.

eileenbunny said:
I just can't believe that everyone in New Orleans are bad people.
You are right. NO had its share of good people. We have several friends who lived there and lost everything. They moved back shortly after the hurricane and are doing what they can to rebuild and survive.

eileenbunny said:
Since one of my mottos is eat, drink and be merry, I rarely have problems with a people having parties. What's life for if you aren't having a good time living it? I can agree with not spending state or federal money on the event, but why not have one? Nobody should work all the time every day.

This is true. Time magazine recently had an article about the increasing rates of serious depression in the NO area. Recovery has been a slow and difficult process and the increasing rates of depression are straining an already over stressed health system there. Plus widespread depression will have a trickle down effect in their local economy, which is already in bad shape. The people that are actually trying to rebuild their lives there need to be reminded of what life is truely about. If they need a bit of sunshine on their cloudy days let em have it...as long as it's not FEMA $$ paying for it.

I'm not morally opposed to letting people starve to death in the street.