NO Katrina party

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
so they are going to have a party in new orleans to celebrate the anniversary of katrina...tasteless or cool?

I think it's very much in the spirit of NO considering even their funerals are a party of sorts...I think it's :cool:

Well sure... the girls need someplace to show off their new designer handbags

Scheduling a party may be a bad plan as I see NOLA getting raped by hurricanes to be just as big of a problem this year.

Hopefully the won't respawn NOLA this time around.

sendcrack.jpg

ChikkenNoodul said:
It would be horrendously entertaining if another hurricane appeared during the party

This was the first thought that crossed my mind as well.

b_sinning said:
They should celebrate recovering from such a tragedy. The town is Fubar'd.
If they were even close to cleaning up, then I'd say party on. They still haven't even finished bulldozing and cleaning up damage, much less actually rebuilding those areas. Power and gas are only reaching about 50% of the pre-Katrina user base. And they're going to throw a party right as the worst part of hurricane season is starting up? Eh, invest the money on the rebuilding effort and save the parties for Mardi Gras.

It'd be tasteless if outside sources were trying to put on a party for the city but if it's the citizens of nawlins themselves then let them do whatever the hell they damn well please. It's their home, if they want to party let them party.

FlyNavy said:
It'd be tasteless if outside sources were trying to put on a party for the city but if it's the citizens of nawlins themselves then let them do whatever the hell they damn well please. It's their home, if they want to party let them party.
That's the same logic people used to justify buying plasmas with FEMA debit cards. No dice.

They were given, by some accounts, as much as $100 billion to rebuild their city and to help raise them from nothing. They are obviously are no where near done with that effort. Rather than reinvesting in themselves to help honor the spirit of those that helped them, they blow it partying. Nice, real nice. Next time a hurricane hits that area, better not ask for a dime in aide. I sure as hell didn't see any area of Florida or the Carolinas throwing parties when their clean up was only half done.

theacoustician said:
That's the same logic people used to justify buying plasmas with FEMA debit cards. No dice.

They were given, by some accounts, as much as $100 billion to rebuild their city and to help raise them from nothing. They are obviously are no where near done with that effort. Rather than reinvesting in themselves to help honor the spirit of those that helped them, they blow it partying. Nice, real nice. Next time a hurricane hits that area, better not ask for a dime in aide. I sure as hell didn't see any area of Florida or the Carolinas throwing parties when their clean up was only half done.
Remember, they are going to rebuild it the way it was supposed to be: a CHOCOLATE CITY. The man is obviously just keeping them down.

FlamingGlory said:
Remember, they are going to rebuild it the way it was supposed to be: a CHOCOLATE CITY. The man is obviously just keeping them down.

Which is precisely why no one takes them seriously or cares about their plight. And by "nobody" I mean anyone with half an ounce of rationale or common sense.

Poor black city (in large part), notorious for corruption and welfare abuse, wiped out by hurricane and then receives $100 billion in shopping/party money. After that the mayor publicly declares the city to be the proud abode of black people. :lol: Well, great. Can we white people have our vanilla money back?

It's absurd. I know New Orleans had a lot of history, but so did Pompeii. You don't see the Italians scrambling to rebuild it. Let it lie.