Nigerian Craigslist scam

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I am currently being stalked by a Nigerian who really wants a mixer I'm selling on Craigslist. I will post the emails later on so you can enjoy them. For now I'm asking people such as FG if they know of any rules against certain shipments going overseas. Basically, they have promised me a money order through some copy and paste fake USPS email. They have as well sent a prepaid shipping label. With this I am looking to at least use the money they've spent on the shipping to send them some of Cola and Willie's dookie. What are the legal ramifications of this? Will Customs eat my lunch?

More soon...

A pre-paid shipping label? Wow, that's the reverse of how they tried to scam me......

They sent me a fake cashier's check for more than I was selling my car for and wanted me to pay the shipper directly :lol: yeah, cuz I'm gonna spend a couple of grand out of my pocket before their check clears :tard:

I remember hearing similar on the news, crazy it happened to someone on here. Was it a couple years ago?

Yeah, I thought it was odd when they offered to pay the shipping and give him $50 more than what he was asking.

He told them we need money upfront- his fish was sick. :fly:

I think that a pile of Cola's poo will suffice.

Here are the responses:

Hello Seller,
how are you doing? i will like to know if your item is still for sale and the working condition, so get back to me as soon as possible if you are willing to sell it..

~~~

Thanks for getting back to me quick..
I really appreciate the fast respond..Well why i asked you that question was simply because,i want to buy it for my son who will be celebrating his birhtday next week, i intend to surprise him with this as a gift and also i will be offering you the sum of $230 cos of the urgent need before i can proceed with the payment you need to give me some certain details required for the payment,which is your full name and address that will be written on the money order, i mean where you want the money to be sent to with the required payment because i use United States Postal Money Order{USPS}

~~~

Subject: GOOD NEWS

I have just gotten a confirmation from USPS..That my payment for
your item as been approved..pls get back to me with the weight of the
item so that it will assist in sending you the shipping document.cos my
son keep mailing all the time that i should send it to him..okay

~~~
This is the 1st one from the "USPS"

(Side note - I just scrolled down on this one and it has one sent to someone else for a printer for $500+)

MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Sign out of .NET Passport sites Web Search:
go to MSN Hotmail
Today Mail Calendar Contacts

Options | Help
[email protected]

Free Newsletters
Reply Reply | Reply All Reply All | Forward Forward | Delete Delete | Junk Mail Junk | Put In Folder Put in Folder | Print Print View | Contact Save Address

Inbox
Sent Messages
Drafts
Trash Can
Report Junk E-Mail
Report and Block Sender

From : UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE ORDER <[email protected]>
Sent : Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:35 PM
To : [email protected]
CC : [email protected]
Subject : **UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ORDER CONFIRMATION APPROVED***

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICES

Dear Shawn Reynolds,

Congratulations! The order placed by the buyer for your item: (Ashanti Victoria) to have a United States Postal Service branded Money OrderSM $230.00 (USD) sent to you as payment for the item Behringer BCD2000 - DJ w/ your mp3 has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED. The financial details of the transaction are stated below:
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in (USD$)
-----------------------------
ITEM DESCRIPTION :Behringer BCD2000 - DJ w/ your mp3
TOTAL : $230.00
---------------------------
============================== ============================== =====
This Payment Approved
$230.00
United State Postal Money Order Payments copyright® Payments service fee

$20.00
Money Order delivery by First Class Mail, included in service fee
(Delivery may take up to 2 to 3 business days)
$30.00
Amount charged
$280.00
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:
Address Verification

Here is the seller address:

Shawn Reynolds
2112 Colonial Blvd W
Palm Harbor, FL 34683

United States.
Email: [email protected]

If there is an error in the name or address, Please email our representative at [email protected]

Total amount paid:$230.00
Shipping and handling:$20.00
Estimated Delivery due date : After Shipment Verification
Ems Speed Post 2-3 Business days delivery.
Special Delivery Post Van.

below is the sample of the money order that will be delivered to you after we have received the shipment tracking number from you.

Security features for U.S. Postal Money Orders
The International Money Order Sample:

======================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and get to our Customer/Technical Dept. with the shipment tracking number for proper Shipment Verification.

The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
****PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment tracking details to : [email protected] Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME and DATE payment is to be delivered.
Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments? ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments? needs in future.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE AT([email protected])
Sincerely,
United States Postal Service Money Order.
USPS Homepage
Signature Confirmation
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ONLINE PAYMENT IS SUPPORTED BY.............
Federal Bureau of Investigation Banner

Thanks for using USPS Postal Money Order.
USPS Homepage

--

From: UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE ORDER <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: **UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ORDER CONFIRMATION APPROVED***
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:48 PM

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICES

Dear Rafael Rose,

Congratulations! The order placed by the buyer for your item: (Ashanti Victoria) to have a United States Postal Service branded Money OrderSM $550.00 (USD) sent to you as payment for the item LANIER LP 036C PRINTER | Prints 11 x 17 FULL COLOR LASER PRINTER has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED. The financial details of the transaction are stated below:
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in (USD$)
-----------------------------
ITEM DESCRIPTION :LANIER LP 036C PRINTER | Prints 11 x 17 FULL COLOR LASER PRINTER
TOTAL : $550.00
---------------------------
============================== ============================== =====
This Payment Approved
$550.00
United State Postal Money Order Payments copyright® Payments service fee

$20.00
Money Order delivery by First Class Mail, included in service fee
(Delivery may take up to 2 to 3 business days)
$30.00
Amount charged
$600.00
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:
Address Verification

Here is the seller address:

Rafael Rose
236 Moore Street Suite 303
Brooklyn, NY 11206
+1 786:553:1098

United States.
Email: [email protected]

If there is an error in the name or address, Please email our representative at [email protected]

Total amount paid:$550.00
Shipping and handling:$20.00
Estimated Delivery due date : After Shipment Verification
Ems Speed Post 2-3 Business days delivery.
Special Delivery Post Van.

below is the sample of the money order that will be delivered to you after we have received the shipment tracking number from you.

Security features for U.S. Postal Money Orders
The International Money Order Sample:

======================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and get to our Customer/Technical Dept. with the shipment tracking number for proper Shipment Verification.

The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
****PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment tracking details to : [email protected] Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME and DATE payment is to be delivered.
Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments? ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments? needs in future.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE AT([email protected])
Sincerely,
United States Postal Service Money Order.
USPS Homepage
Signature Confirmation
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ONLINE PAYMENT IS SUPPORTED BY.............

Thanks for using USPS Postal Money Order.
USPS Homepage

--

Reply | Reply All | Forward Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

Get the latest updates from MSN
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Feedback | Help
© 2007 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy

~~~

MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Sign out of .NET Passport sites Web Search:
go to MSN Hotmail
Today Mail Calendar Contacts

Options | Help
[email protected]

Free Newsletters
Reply Reply | Reply All Reply All | Forward Forward | Delete Delete | Junk Mail Junk | Put In Folder Put in Folder | Print Print View | Contact Save Address

Inbox
Sent Messages
Drafts
Trash Can
Report Junk E-Mail
Report and Block Sender

From : UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE ORDER <[email protected]>
Sent : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:09 AM
To : [email protected]
CC : [email protected]
Subject : UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ***PAYMENT ASSURED***/PERMISSION TO SHIP***

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
Postage Payment Options for Business
Se nd Money

Many choices for you to send money and pay bills.

UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICES

Dear Shawn Reynolds,

Thanks for using United States Postal Money Order,We have your money order sent to you by the buyer of your item "Ashanti Victoria"on our database, as soon as the item is shipped, Please forward us the shipping tracking number, so your money order can be mailed to your address, your money order is secure and save, we just need the tracking number for us to be rest assured that everything went well, because of some seller that receive money and fail to send the item.The item must be shipped under 48 hours.

MANAGEMENT.

If we do not hear from you as soon as expectecd, the payment will be returned back to the buyer. We will be waiting for you to ship the item and mail us the shipment tracking number so that we can send out your payment immediately.And your money will be delivered to you in 3 to 5 days......

Sincerely,
Postal Money Order.

REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE

[email protected]

Thank you for using United States Postal Service. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Postal Money Order™.

USPS Homepage Skip Navigation

--

Reply | Reply All | Forward Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

Get the latest updates from MSN
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Feedback | Help
© 2007 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy

~~~
This includes an email from me below

I will forward the shipping document for you which will carry my Son address and you will have to paste on the package and drop it off and send the tracking number to USPS for verification so that they can send out your money for delivery...

Shawn Reynolds <[email protected]> wrote:

I received the authorization to ship from the USPS, but I have no address
for you.

~~~

This is the FedEx label and invoice .the label is attached above,Make sure you print out two copies each and paste it on the package before you drop it off at any fedex location around you Today and do not forget to send this shippment tracking number # 7916 4266 3475 to [email protected] so that they can know that you have sent the item out and they can tell you when you will recieve your money.
Regards.

Below is the neares FedEx location around you...
Sein Proffesional
DropBox
36310 US Hwy 19 N # 36472
Palm Harbor FL 34684

~~~

This response cam after I sent "I need the money, my fish is sick"

but if you don't drop the package off you will not recieve your money..all you have to do is to drop the package off and send USPS..the shippment tracking number for verification purposes..ok

That bill of sale seems properly formatted. I don't know what the problem is Shawn, maybe you're just racist.

edit: :haaay:

I am currently being stalked by a Nigerian who really wants a mixer I'm selling on Craigslist. I will post the emails later on so you can enjoy them. For now I'm asking people such as FG if they know of any rules against certain shipments going overseas. Basically, they have promised me a money order through some copy and paste fake USPS email. They have as well sent a prepaid shipping label. With this I am looking to at least use the money they've spent on the shipping to send them some of Cola and Willie's dookie. What are the legal ramifications of this? Will Customs eat my lunch?

More soon...
Mail going OUT of the country usually doesnt get inspected. If it is inspected at their end, the worst a foreign country can do is trash it. Nigeria postal restrictions: http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immicl/immiclnr_010.html

When you fill out the customs form. DO NOT DECLARE A $$ VALUE. Write it as zero. For a description put: Gift - Food or something like that. If you mark it as retail merchandise you might have to pay an export tax (I got slapped with a $70 one once).

FedEx and UPS will inspect packages. You'd have to ask them if you dont have a shipping manual. You dont have to tell them exactly what it is... Be creative.

Last edited:
Mail going OUT of the country usually doesnt get inspected. If it is inspected at their end, the worst a foreign country can do is trash it. Nigeria postal restrictions: http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immicl/immiclnr_010.html

When you fill out the customs form. DO NOT DECLARE A $$ VALUE. Write it as zero. For a description put: Gift - Food or something like that. If you mark it as retail merchandise you might have to pay an export tax (I got slapped with a $70 one once).

FedEx and UPS will inspect packages. You'd have to ask them if you dont have a shipping manual. You dont have to tell them exactly what it is... Be creative.

food would probably raise an eyebrow long before something like stationery

food would probably raise an eyebrow long before something like stationery
Eh, it depends more on what it looks like on the x-ray.

Gift - Non Perishable is what I used to send like 500 pills to... somwhere... once :allnighte:

They also try on Yahoo personals.

A few years ago I setup a free account and basically forgot about it. One evening I get an message from some chick that says she saw the ad and wants to talk. It was a generic conversation for maybe five minutes, then they got down to business. Allegedly she was a model who was currently in greece (I was at work so I couldn't trace it) I asked for a picture and got some dithered 20k gif made into a jpeg. You could barely make out it was female. They wanted me to cash the checks send her some cash so she could come home.

I flat out asked "You are asking me to do this, and I've known you for what 8 minutes?" and they still kept it up trying to pull a sob story. I finally closed the client and went home and he was still waiting on me when I got back.

Needless to say I banned the idiot and killed the personals account.