WTF nfl week 1 is finally here!!

I'd say any good Union guy who delivers big in the World Cup or Tri Nations is set.

Check out Gregan's tackle of Lomu @ 2:01. Shitty quality video though.

Lomu outweighed Gregan by almost 80lbs, but technique triumphs over force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Gregan's tackle of Lomu @ 2:01. Shitty quality video though.

Lomu outweighed Gregan by almost 80lbs, but technique triumphs over force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uslnjij6NY

Lomu and the All Blacks is what really got me into Rugby when I was younger. I lived in Turkey and really all that was on TV was the EuroSport channel. At the time it was at his height in popularity so they showed alot of All Blacks contests.

Lomu and the All Blacks is what really got me into Rugby when I was younger. I lived in Turkey and really all that was on TV was the EuroSport channel. At the time it was at his height in popularity so they showed alot of All Blacks contests.

Dude was a beast. Met him a coupe of times. Sometimes he was an arrogant prick, sometimes he was an awesomely nice guy. He should have accepted the offer the Cowboy made him, because not long after that he faded quite rapidly off the Rugby scene.

Dude was a beast. Met him a coupe of times. Sometimes he was an arrogant prick, sometimes he was an awesomely nice guy. He should have accepted the offer the Cowboy made him, because not long after that he faded quite rapidly off the Rugby scene.

Well if they would have just beaten the Springbok in the 95 Cup I'm sure his career would have ended differently.

No but he could have at least finished at the top. I'm pretty sure he was diagnosed right after that so he could have just called it a day vs attempting to play while on dialysis.

He did make a come back. Rugby had change quite a bit by then, and he was no longer the biggest guy on the field.