Hawt NFL Deserves Its Own Thread - THIS ONE

Not what I heard on NFL Radio when they initially traded for him. You can't just up and immediately cut the player right after the trade.
They didn't immediately cut him. He was actually at their mini camp last week and is still on the team. When Jimmy Johnson pulled off the Herschel Walker trade with the Vikings that helped build the Cowboys into that early 90's dynasty there were a number of players involved. The players coming from Minnesota had draft picks attached to them. If the player didn't make the final roster, Dallas got the draft pick instead. These guys were decent players and Dallas was starved of talent so there was little to no thought on Minnesota's side that these guys wouldn't make Dallas' roster and they would lose a shit ton of draft picks. All Jimmy Johnson cared about was the draft picks, not the players. With the exception of Issiac Holt, all of the other for players included in the trade were cut and Dallas received the draft picks. These guys never ended up playing for the Cowboys and the Cowboys were not fined for trading for the players they ended up cutting.

yeppers what do you think of the peppers pick? It was hilarious seeing all the brown fans cheering for a mi player when he got picked.

also the bears fucked up big time. I am not mad they went for a qb, i am mad they gave all those picks away for a guy who would have been on the board still anyway
He's a hell of an athlete. The college he went to doesn't bother me once they're in the pros. I didn't root against Braylon Edwards when he was a Brown because he went to Michigan.

Mitch is from my home town. He's a good kid and a good prospect but he's nowhere near ready for the NFL and imo not worthy of the number 2 pick and the ransom Chicago gave up for him. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to see him succeed but you're going to see a whole lot of Mike Glennon the next two years and a lot of Mitch holding a clip board.

They didn't immediately cut him. He was actually at their mini camp last week and is still on the team. When Jimmy Johnson pulled off the Herschel Walker trade with the Vikings that helped build the Cowboys into that early 90's dynasty there were a number of players involved. The players coming from Minnesota had draft picks attached to them. If the player didn't make the final roster, Dallas got the draft pick instead. These guys were decent players and Dallas was starved of talent so there was little to no thought on Minnesota's side that these guys wouldn't make Dallas' roster and they would lose a shit ton of draft picks. All Jimmy Johnson cared about was the draft picks, not the players. With the exception of Issiac Holt, all of the other for players included in the trade were cut and Dallas received the draft picks. These guys never ended up playing for the Cowboys and the Cowboys were not fined for trading for the players they ended up cutting.

Tl;dr

@Duke has to be jizzing himself right now. Dalvin Cook to the Vikes

I never in a million years thought a guy as talented as cook would far fall enough down to be picked up by the vikes. Then they trade up in the 3rd for the Buckeyes very excellent center, and I'm thinking we've got a team again.

I yelled very loudly when John Randle announced his name. It was like christmas came early!

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots