next meat?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
wasn't there talk a bit ago about a meat this year in houston for drool's 90th birthday? is that still on? when's the next meat, then?? it's about time. :hi2u:

Is that somehow a requirement when travelling by riding mower?

Houston is flat right? Like the rest of Texas? 'Cept you got humidity there, on account of it being built on a swamp, right?
JPat is moving onto some fuck big lot with a barn and lots of mowing. I'll crash in the hayloft, I just don't wanna have to work off my accomodations.

Houston is flat, but not all of Texas is. It's humid because of the proximity to water and general swampiness of the coastline inside the barrier islands.

Houston is flat right? Like the rest of Texas? 'Cept you got humidity there, on account of it being built on a swamp, right?

Exactly right.

We were thinking about doing something in late august for my 40th

edit - Oh yea, ALL of texas isnt flat , just the gulf coast. Get 50 miles away from houston and it gets all hilly and stuff.

Last edited:
Exactly right.

edit - Oh yea, ALL of texas isnt flat , just the gulf coast. Get 50 miles away from houston and it gets all hilly and stuff.
yeah, cuz when i think about visiting Houston I think "hmmm, how about during the hottest month of the year AND hurricane season?"

screw the hayloft. I'll sleep in the bathtub full of ice.

Exactly right.

Hills in Texas... Fantasic! I've always envisioned Texas as a monochromatic, pancake flat hellhole. Maybe this visit will educate me.

I had a similar education when I visited Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I expected an endlessly flat, corn filled hellhole and was surprised by green, rolling hills and a college town atmosphere. Oh... and I ran into that hobo in a local bar who swore blind that the federal government was stealing the topsoil from the midwest and selling it to China. It's really the little things that make travelling worthwhile.

Hills in Texas... Fantasic! I've always envisioned Texas as a monochromatic, pancake flat hellhole. Maybe this visit will educate me.

I had a similar education when I visited Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I expected an endlessly flat, corn filled hellhole and was surprised by green, rolling hills and a college town atmosphere. Oh... and I ran into that hobo in a local bar who swore blind that the federal government was stealing the topsoil from the midwest and selling it to China. It's really the little things that make travelling worthwhile.
East Texas has some spectacular pine forests. The Hill country down around Autsin is very scenic. The coast has some really nice beaches. West Texas is the part that is flat (mostly) and boring as fuck. I've never been through but everyone I've talked to agrees. It's probably like Saskatchewan, where you can sit on your front porch and watch your dog run away for three days.

i'm determined to meet sarcasmo one day simply because he doesn't allow himself to be met. humph.

I have 'Casmo bait though:

picture.php

I ain't scared to go to Texas.. though the "honey, you gotta meet these internet friends o' mine who know all about you so we gotta spend money and go to Texas" might not fly.

East Texas has some spectacular pine forests. The Hill country down around Autsin is very scenic. The coast has some really nice beaches. West Texas is the part that is flat (mostly) and boring as fuck. I've never been through but everyone I've talked to agrees. It's probably like Saskatchewan, where you can sit on your front porch and watch your dog run away for three days.

Yeah get on I-10 going west from san antonio and you wont see much more than flat dirt until you reach elpaso

I'd love to do a UF meet this year, but we aren't going to have the funds to do more then a hotel night away in another part of town.

We'd love to do a meat (of course.)

Since we all live everywhere let's do a destination meet... like Tahiti so everyone must fly and no one gets a free ride for people to come to them. :fly:

(I can't afford that... lol)