Newb Guide : Marklars, The Store, and The Arcade

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Marklars
Who? Who has them? You do. We're giving them to invitees to play with as they come in. If you didn't get any, ask and admin.
What? They are the forum unit of currency. Like Canadian dollars, they are completely useless
When? um, now?
Where? You can find out how many marklars you have by looking in your user cp or the Bank located in the Store.
Why? Cause we thought it would be fun and encourage people to post.
How? How do you get them? Special awards will be given for front page articles, comics, etc. You can also earn them by being the high score at the arcade. You can also attempt to steal them from other users through the Store. However, if you fail, the person you were trying to steal from will get the amount you were trying to take from them.

The standard way to earn them is to participate in the forum. Here's the point breakdown :

Points Per Thread? 5
Points Per Reply? 1

Points Per Thread View? .1

Points Per Referral? 100
Points For Good Reputation? 1

Points For Bad Reputation? -1

The Store
Who? YOO-HOO!
What? The Store is the place to spend your Marklars
When? Its open now
Where? The link to the store is located on the right side of the nav bar at the top of the forum.
Why? So you can do something with Marklars beside throw them at each other. We also wanted a system to be in place in case we ever need to start taking donations to cover the bandwidth costs.
How? Just click the link on the nav bar, the rest should be obvious.

The Arcade
Who? you bishes
What? The Arcade is someplace you can waste time when the forum is slow or earn more Marklar for getting a high score.
When? Its open now, BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY AN ARCADE PASS FROM THE STORE BEFORE YOU CAN USE IT.
Where? The link to the store is located on the right side of the nav bar at the top of the forum.
Why? So you can do something with Marklars beside throw them at each other. We also wanted a system to be in place in case we ever need to start taking donations to cover the bandwidth costs.
How? Once you BUY and ARCADE PASS FROM THE STORE, you can play all you want for two weeks.

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
I vote that every thread smileynev makes is minus 10 marklars for everyone.
Makes me feel like I'm having my virginity ripped away from me.
fly.gif

Drool-Boy said:
I would distract him with twinkies but Ill run out soon as the factory is closed now

Don't worry about that, I have a room full of Twinkies, and I'll be glad to donate to such a worthy cause.