New Vestax protype at the 2006 DJ Expo!

well, its hardware too. I want to say numark makes it but im not for sure since its been a while since I saw it. Its close to their MP302 except it connects to a PC and uses their software as well.

There is so much new things on the market right now to mix with. As long as it has a pitch adjustment on it you could mix with it. I know what you guys are talking about on the laptop programs too. Those are the Final Scratch and the Serato. From what I am told the Serato is the best. Its made by Rane. The Final Scratch is from Stanton. The cd technology has really helped things for the dj. I know with tables you had to worry about vibrations and skipping but with cdjs and other cd/media players you dont have to worry about it and you get better sound quality. It takes the same skills to mix on cd/media players as it does to mix on vinyl. ;)

Ringmaster Darin said:
There is so much new things on the market right now to mix with. As long as it has a pitch adjustment on it you could mix with it. I know what you guys are talking about on the laptop programs too. Those are the Final Scratch and the Serato. From what I am told the Serato is the best. Its made by Rane. The Final Scratch is from Stanton. The cd technology has really helped things for the dj. I know with tables you had to worry about vibrations and skipping but with cdjs and other cd/media players you dont have to worry about it and you get better sound quality. It takes the same skills to mix on cd/media players as it does to mix on vinyl. ;)

Not to be a dick and come back at you, but CDs do still skip. I've had it happen to me in front of a bunch of drunks before. As per worry-free DJing with computers check out FS crashing. Sound quality is better with analog, too. With mp3s you lose the richness and deepness of the sound.

Also, many, many CD players have +/- buttons which we call DJing for dummies given the ease of adjusting tracks on the fly - plus the fact that two tracks plpayed from CD players can never be right on, as most only read to the tenth or hundredth decimal.

Last edited:
I have come to the conclusion that Vinyl Dj's are just pissed off it took them longer to learn they art than it takes for some yahoo to come and learn off a computer. I am not good on either but the quality of the sound will always be better digital and if its not you can work on it because it is digital. It is all about technology and the people who are "vinyl only", are indeed a dying breed.

I think this is a subject that will be debated for years to come. I know cds can skip but only because of dirt or scatches. They usually have a buffer built it to take care of banging or vibations. I understand the love for vinyl. I know Kos has been using vinyl for over 23 years but when it all comes down to it its really just about the music. People want to be entertained and dance to the music. Each person has a different way they could want to do that. Thats what helps keep things so differse in the electronic world. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ringmaster Darin said:
I think this is a subject that will be debated for years to come. I know cds can skip but only because of dirt or scatches. They usually have a buffer built it to take care of banging or vibations. I understand the love for vinyl. I know Kos has been using vinyl for over 23 years but when it all comes down to it its really just about the music. People want to be entertained and dance to the music. Each person has a different way they could want to do that. Thats what helps keep things so differse in the electronic world. :)

99% of the people in the crowd would care if you were pulling beats out of this...

seeNsayFarm.jpg

Just as long as the music sounded good and kept them dancing. Alot of DJ's dont realize that the crowd at a normal bar/club doesnt give a flying fawk what your mixing on. Now I wouldnt suggest taking it to the Cream Fields but hey, thats a little different

Like I said before you cant please everyone. I knew that not everyone would like this piece. But I am not making any judgments till I get to see Kos rip on it. ;)