New UF logo

I just ZRH'd it, and it makes sense.

A Lanai is, essentially, a living room/family room style room but with screened walls. It's basically an upgraded porch/patio that allows you a family room but outdoors. It's typically larger than a porch, and screened in unlike a patio, and has furniture beyond just normal 'outdoor' stuff. It's mostly used in the tropics as people in colder climates just straight up wouldn't have a need for a room like that.

So there it is.

We have that on our porches, too. We call those people bums because they have indoor furniture outdoors. That's like a rolltop desk on a backyard deck.

We have that on our porches, too. We call those people bums because they have indoor furniture outdoors. That's like a rolltop desk on a backyard deck.

I'm sorry. I could have sworn that I'm seeing you infer some kind of supremecy of Cleveland or Ohio over Florida here, but I know that can't be right. :fly:

I'm sorry. I could have sworn that I'm seeing you infer some kind of supremecy of Cleveland or Ohio over Florida here, but I know that can't be right. :fly:

What kind of topsy turvy world do we live in there logic from Ohio could trump madeup words of a retiree of a non-permanent living space?

I just ZRH'd it, and it makes sense.

A Lanai is, essentially, a living room/family room style room but with screened walls. It's basically an upgraded porch/patio that allows you a family room but outdoors. It's typically larger than a porch, and screened in unlike a patio, and has furniture beyond just normal 'outdoor' stuff. It's mostly used in the tropics as people in colder climates just straight up wouldn't have a need for a room like that.

So there it is.

in miami we call that a "florida room"

I don't know about southern, but I do know it's a florida thing. I was wondering wtf it meant when I moved her from CO, but it's everywhere down here.

dunno sounds like a white trash trying to "church it up" a bit thing, i've never heard it and i've been here 15 years, fuckin northern florida :fly:

dunno sounds like a white trash trying to "church it up" a bit thing, i've never heard it and i've been here 15 years, fuckin northern florida :fly:

well, I dunno if I'd call longboat key'ers white trash.

And it's central florida dude. Get it right. We ain't those mobile home livin rednecks up round gainesville, jax, and tallahasee.

uf.jpg