New UF Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be hatin' just cuz we're so l33t. :fly:

edit: :haaay:
No hate. I just saw the graphic in the first post and assumed it was a military thing. I asked around to the ex-Marines in the house and they looked somewhat horrified when I mentioned it. Hilarity ensued and I thought I'd share.

Edit : combined with the fact that it seemed you were only letting dudes in seemed ... interesting.

Last edited:
No hate. I just saw the graphic in the first post and assumed it was a military thing. I asked around to the ex-Marines in the house and they looked somewhat horrified when I mentioned it. Hilarity ensued and I thought I'd share.

Edit : combined with the fact that it seemed you were only letting dudes in seemed ... interesting.

506: Hilarity not found

Sure, whatever. That's just what someone not in Section 8 would say.

For those of us who are ex-military not wannabe military. We find it very hilarious. faggot. :fly:

Congratulations, you've just legitimately offended me.

I have no further use of this thread as I've done what I needed to with it. And since it's now only useful for people I'm not letting in to lamely attempt at putting me or my club down I respectfully request that the mods close it.

Last edited:
Congratulations, you've just legitimately offended me.

I have no further use of this thread as I've done what I needed to with it. And since it's now only useful for people I'm not letting in to lamely attempt at putting me or my club down I respectfully request that the mods close it.

What's the matter KNYTE? Don't you wube me anymore? :fly: :heart:

Sure, whatever. That's just what someone not in Section 8 would say.

Look it up. Section 8 is military discharge due to mental health issues. However, most Marines are batshit crazy already, so not many people were actually discharged for being a little off their rocker. It was used far more widely for discharging gays because at the time the military considered homosexuality a mental illness. Its not used in that way anymore, but Vietnam and older vets seem to know it well.

What's the matter KNYTE? Don't you wube me anymore? :fly: :heart:

You think I'm joking, I'm not.

I try hard to be a good sport about just about every kind of insult people will throw at me, but you have just crossed the line between good fun and being an ass.

You're going on my ignore list until time stops, bye.

Look it up. Section 8 is military discharge due to mental health issues. However, most Marines are batshit crazy already, so not many people were actually discharged for being a little off their rocker. It was used far more widely for discharging gays because at the time the military considered homosexuality a mental illness. Its not used in that way anymore, but Vietnam and older vets seem to know it well.

Hell all you had to do was watch M*A*S*H to figure it out.:fly:

Are you for real? I'll close it if you want me to, but I honestly just though it was funny.

You think I'm joking, I'm not.

I try hard to be a good sport about just about every kind of insult people will throw at me, but you have just crossed the line between good fun and being an ass.

You're going on my ignore list until time stops, bye.

People have offend me on this board yet no one has made my ignore list. :heart:

Last edited:
Until "don't ask, don't tell", Section 8 was used for discharging gays from the military. Yes, it was technically for mental illness, but the reality seemed to be that it was used far more for discharging homosexuals. There are quite a few Vietnam era vets around here that use that as their slang word for calling someone a fag. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Let me ask again, what is the problem if we want to call our group by something that is also referenced as gay by terms of the military? Is there something you believe to be negative when we coin our club that?

I'm sure people on this board who have a different sexual orientation than you wouldn't think so highly of an admin who voices that opinion.

Are you for real? I'll close it if you want me to, but I honestly just though it was funny.

No, I am indeed serious.

You aren't being funny, and your intention was never to be funny. You were just trying to put me and the club down because that's how you deal with things. Rationalize it however you want, you know I'm right.

I was of course aware of the psychiatric drum-out business with Section 8. That's is essentially why I chose the name. I guess I just never expected the mighty theac (and others of course) to exploit a gay reference at the expense of other people's enjoyment. I guess we really are all just human.

I imagine I'll get banned for this post, see you guys in a week if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.