New Toy

hmm, looking at the specs, it's kind of a small HDD for something that I'm assuming will be used for alot of media. What would be your primary uses?

And I agree with Fly, integrated graphics chips and BF2 do not get along ^_^

bast_imret said:
hmm, looking at the specs, it's kind of a small HDD for something that I'm assuming will be used for alot of media. What would be your primary uses?

And I agree with Fly, integrated graphics chips and BF2 do not get along ^_^

I will be using it for Photoshop/illustrator, etc, school schtuff and maybe City of Heros or some other games that I've never played before *cough,cough, oblivion, cough*.

InnerMuse said:
I will be using it for Photoshop/illustrator, etc, school schtuff and maybe City of Heros or some other games that I've never played before *cough,cough, oblivion, cough*.

then I would veer away from an integrated graphics accelerator. And probably get a larger HDD, 80GB at least.

with only 40 GB to play with and a desire to use it for both graphic work and games, you may want to figure the cost of an external drive into the price

I've met very few people who are happy with tablet PCs. Remember, if you always have your hand on it writing/drawing, you will never have a clean screen. A dirty screen makes a difference in Photoshop.

Overall, Gateways aren't the best of the best, but there is very little wrong with them either. I'd spring for more RAM and the ATI graphics chip. I can't say I agree with the comment about needing a bigger drive, but a faster drive (7200rpm vs. standard 5400rpm) will make a noticable difference in performance. You'll also have to consider if you need a DVD burner or if you think you'll be using it on the go enough to justify having a second battery. However, whatever you get, make sure it has wireless because spamming on the crapper is the best thing since sliced bread.

If youre going to use photoshop on it, Id just get a regular laptop and a wacom.
Ive not used a tablet pc before, but like theac said, Id rather not have my hands all over an lcd screen all the time. Youd be constantly cleaning it. Plus youll get way more versatility out of a wacom.

edit - altho drawing cartoons on the crapper would be pretty cool.

Drool-Boy said:
If youre going to use photoshop on it, Id just get a regular laptop and a wacom.
Ive not used a tablet pc before, but like theac said, Id rather not have my hands all over an lcd screen all the time. Youd be constantly cleaning it. Plus youll get way more versatility out of a wacom.

edit - altho drawing cartoons on the crapper would be pretty cool.
I demand that the next Bub cartoon be drawn on the crapper.

Just draw it by hand and color it with crayons and then scan/upload and you are good to go! Even smear a little poo on there for realism.

theacoustician said:
The full site for those interested. Anyone find a price on that beast?

"Pricing for the Tesla Roadster has not been announced, although Tesla CEO Martin Eberhard has speculated that it would "cost between $85,000 and $120,000." Eberhard recently revealed that the price would be in the range of a Porsche 911 Carrera S, which is roughly $80,000."

Sarcasmo said:
"Pricing for the Tesla Roadster has not been announced, although Tesla CEO Martin Eberhard has speculated that it would "cost between $85,000 and $120,000." Eberhard recently revealed that the price would be in the range of a Porsche 911 Carrera S, which is roughly $80,000."
Cool, the link in the FAQ about price is borked for some reason for me.

An awesome, fuel-free engine that green people can feel good about, and it's in a car that costs 2-3 years worth of the average person's salary. :(