New toy (Nikon D70). Pics!

I

I Robert I

Haven't posted around these parts for a long time so I figured I'd make a thread. I just got a Nikon D70 and took it out for a testdrive yesterday. Just took a bunch of random pics of stuff I saw while walking around. Out of the 160+ pics I took these are pretty much the only ones I feel comfortable sharing without being laughed at :D

Nothing special, I just thought it looked kinda neat.
img_0120.jpg

Kind of a classic/boring theme but hey, I'm just starting out.
img_0124.jpg

Artsy tartsy lol! Just before entering this tunnel I came across a guy who asked if I was from a newspaper. Apparently something bad had happened around there. I was kinda hesitant to keep on walking with a $1000 dollar camera around my neck...
img_0150.jpg

I was trying to capture the nature/urban relationship here. The tree in the foreground didn't stand out as much as I had hoped though. Made the whole pic look blurry instead of just the powerlines.
img_0159.jpg

I just like this one. Dunno why.
img_0175.jpg

At this point I was standing on one and a half leg leaning out over the water to catch this bastard... One out of about 15 pics came out alright. This one has been cropped and had the colours altered. A buddy did that for me since he liked the pic.
img_0233_croppad_av_blau.jpg

I really like this one. Why? Dunno :D
img_0258.jpg

Lens flare woooo! It looks neat ;)
img_0273.jpg

Soo what say you?! Do I have a chance at this photography business? Please note that this was the first time that I've used a proper camera and I need lots and lots of practice when it comes to composition and general handling of the features of this camera.

Very nice pictures sir, I love the subjects. The ecology of Sweden is very beautiful indeed and I am hereby requesting more pictures. :p

the best one is the last one -- you could probably get somewhere in a contest with that one!!

isn't it fun?? good job!

The last one is my favorite aswell :) And yeah, it's REALLY fun! :D I mean it's fun to take pictures with a Canon A60 but damn, having a real camera just takes it waaay further.

Just not having to wait for the damn autofokus between each and every damn picture is :drool: Click-click-clickclickclickcliccklccc instead of Press...wait.... doh! no focus.. press... wait... wait... DOH wrong thing got focused.. press... wait... wait... YES FOCUS CLICK! And if you can't get it to focus on what you want you're screwed. If the autofocus fails on the D70 (rare) you just go manual and fix it yourself.

I had planned to go take some more pictures today but things got in the way, mayhap I'll have time to go in to town and take some pics tomorrow.

Ok here's a few more from last nights session. I didn't feel the came out quite as good as some of the other shots but I still like them.

img_0132.jpg

img_0142.jpg

img_0153.jpg

img_0244.jpg

img_0260.jpg

These are great. I really like the last one of the first set. If you have any questions regarding photography feel free to PM me (I do it professionally).

kiwi said:
These are great. I really like the last one of the first set. If you have any questions regarding photography feel free to PM me (I do it professionally).
And thanks, that might come in handy. Luckily I have a buddy who's quite good at it and has the same camera so I usually bug him. But he's kinda laggy with replies so I might use your expertise when I need it :) To start with I'm gonna read through the manual hehe.

I Robert I said:
And thanks, that might come in handy. Luckily I have a buddy who's quite good at it and has the same camera so I usually bug him. But he's kinda laggy with replies so I might use your expertise when I need it :) To start with I'm gonna read through the manual hehe.

That's a great place to start :) .

the second batch is great too! i like the first one if you cut off the bench part. i think the composition is in the color of that forward tree. very nice!

the second one is just great. i love the diagonal line in the comp. awesome.

Thorn Bird said:
the second batch is great too! i like the first one if you cut off the bench part. i think the composition is in the color of that forward tree. very nice!

the second one is just great. i love the diagonal line in the comp. awesome.
Like so?
img_0132_cropped.jpg

Doesn't do much for me :)

There's a bunch of those stone walls in the woods around me, in the right light they look awesome. I took a few snaps but it had rained the day before so it looked really boring.

Also I think I'm starting to go a bit .. weird. Driving home from the store today I spent more time looking at potential shots than the damn road...

I Robert I said:
Ok here's a few more from last nights session. I didn't feel the came out quite as good as some of the other shots but I still like them.

[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/nikon/img_0132.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/nikon/img_0142.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/nikon/img_0153.jpg[/img]

img_0244.jpg

[ig]http://files.theintarweb.net/nikon/img_0260.jpg[/img]

My fave.

What kind of flshlight is on the D70? :p

fly said:
My fave.

What kind of flshlight is on the D70? :p
haha I know for sure it aint an LED atleast. Says in the manual that if you use the auto-focus assist light to much it might shut it off for a short while to let it cool off :p

Thanks fuxx :)

I Robert I said:
Like so?
img_0132_cropped.jpg

Doesn't do much for me :)

yeah, you're right. when i cut it off (meaning i don't scroll down for all the picture,) it comes out different. and it's just my bitty ol' opinion anyway! ;) not trying to be critical or anything. honestly, just enjoying the shots! :)

Thorn Bird said:
yeah, you're right. when i cut it off (meaning i don't scroll down for all the picture,) it comes out different. and it's just my bitty ol' opinion anyway! ;) not trying to be critical or anything. honestly, just enjoying the shots! :)
Opinions is what I want. That's the only way I can get better :)

Walked around for a couple of hours today and took pics from around town. Thought some of you might enjoy them :)

img06724wb.jpg

img06935nu.jpg

img07069id.jpg

This came out darker than I had hoped but I'll include it anyways:
img07227pd.jpg

img06829cv.jpg

:eek: :p
img07115ln.jpg

img07725vk.jpg

img07752ls.jpg

img06490lm.jpg