New toy (Nikon D70). Pics!

Galen said:
Very, very nice Robert! I must ask though, what is the building in the second last picture, looks most interesting
That is Nyköping Castle, well, what's left of it. It's been around for 800-1000 years, I'm not sure exactly. It's most famous for the “Banquet of Nyköping” in 1317 where King Birger Ladulås invited his brothers Eric and Valdemar to a feast only to throw them in a dungeon and let them starve to death. It's rumored that he threw the key in the stream you can see just in front of the castle, the key has never been found though.
edit: actually you can't see the stream in that pic :p Hold on and I'll upload one where you can.

I found a VR-tour thingy on the web if you would like to take a closer look at it:
http://www.illustrata.com/pages/qslottscen.html

oooooo...more great pictures! i love the first one -- it's so calming. i love the one of the water with the bird over it, too. makes me want to be there, wine glass in hand.

ooo, need to go get some wine now...

Thorn Bird said:
oooooo...more great pictures! i love the first one -- it's so calming. i love the one of the water with the bird over it, too. makes me want to be there, wine glass in hand.

I agree (well except for the wine part). I would love to sit at the edge of the water and bask in the sun.

There's the stream :)
img07831if.jpg

Thorn Bird said:

The first one is my favourite aswell :)

And if you want to sit by the water and have a glass of wine you can go to one of those red houses there in the distance, that's a restaurant ;)

Thorn Bird said:

bahahaha....such a typical female thought process.

I Robert I said:
The first one is my favourite aswell :)

And if you want to sit by the water and have a glass of wine you can go to one of those red houses there in the distance, that's a restaurant ;)

and where is this? i'm new and i don't know where you are. and...i'll be there in a few hours (or days or whatever.) i hope you don't mind company! and since i can't afford it but would LOVE LOVE one, have a nifty lil' camera ready for me, too...we'll take pictures of the sunset together...sigh... ;)

Thorn Bird said:
and where is this? i'm new and i don't know where you are. and...i'll be there in a few hours (or days or whatever.) i hope you don't mind company! and since i can't afford it but would LOVE LOVE one, have a nifty lil' camera ready for me, too...we'll take pictures of the sunset together...sigh... ;)

He lives in Sweden, if you fly me over there too, I'll share my camera with you.

A couple more pics today.

Actually I don't know what this was that was leaning on the old barrel. It looked nice though :p
img_0809.jpg

Classic railroad shot. I haven't been able to take shots like this before so I had to now that I can.
img_0846.jpg

An unplanned shot that had a nice red element in it when cropped :)
img_0816.jpg

I liked the chaotic side of this one.
img_0834.jpg

An old grinding stone at my fathers cabin.
img_0800.jpg

I Robert I said:
That is Nyköping Castle, well, what's left of it. It's been around for 800-1000 years, I'm not sure exactly. It's most famous for the “Banquet of Nyköping” in 1317 where King Birger Ladulås invited his brothers Eric and Valdemar to a feast only to throw them in a dungeon and let them starve to death. It's rumored that he threw the key in the stream you can see just in front of the castle, the key has never been found though.
edit: actually you can't see the stream in that pic :p Hold on and I'll upload one where you can.

I found a VR-tour thingy on the web if you would like to take a closer look at it:
http://www.illustrata.com/pages/qslottscen.html
Thank you very much sir, Read and looked at this last night but fell asleep before I could reply :p
Love to see more pictures of this though, you are skilled in the black magic that is.... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Galen said:
Thank you very much sir, Read and looked at this last night but fell asleep before I could reply :p
Love to see more pictures of this though, you are skilled in the black magic that is.... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Sorry to say that I don't really have many more that are worth showing. Didn't take too many there. I have this one, which isn't very interesting, of the entry though:
img_0622.jpg

And this s just above the doorway:
img_0624.jpg

And I would hardly call myself skilled. Not yet. That would be kinda insulting against those that can REALLY handle a camera and have a great eye for composition. I'm learning still. I might not be born with "the eye" but I believe it's something that can be learned.

I Robert I said:
Sorry to say that I don't really have many more that are worth showing. Didn't take too many there. I have this one, which isn't very interesting, of the entry though:
img_0622.jpg

And this s just above the doorway:
img_0624.jpg

And I would hardly call myself skilled. Not yet. That would be kinda insulting against those that can REALLY handle a camera and have a great eye for composition. I'm learning still. I might not be born with "the eye" but I believe it's something that can be learned.
Awesome. And regardless of what you think, your pictures are the first I've enjoyed in a long time. I'm not one for this arty farty crap :p