Video New Star Trek deserves its own thread (Not really)

Im still firmly in fuck-new-trek mode after they made Jon Luc Picard exploit someones addiction, burn a relationship, and then laugh and cheer about it. Picard would have been the one to absolutely refuse to do such a thing
I wasn't a fan of the whole "incurable brain disease, so let's clone him and give him a set time to die, but not tell him."

Just... WTF?

is every one of the main characters still not likeable?

Actually they are. I’m just not a fan of the storyline and thought it was a weak “out” to just jump ahead in time as a way to make coming up with a story easier. I may be seeing something that isn’t even happening, but it just seems that way to me.

And I see things a little differently lately too. I subconsciously think “I have X time left, what do I want to watch (or watch again)”, and I would not choose Discovery. I think they could’ve done better.

I’m re-watching (I know this is NOT the TV thread, but Star Trek) Star Wars: The Bad Batch and I tell you what. I’d put that show up against Disco in a comparison and the Bad Batch is better in every way.

Actually they are. I’m just not a fan of the storyline and thought it was a weak “out” to just jump ahead in time as a way to make coming up with a story easier. I may be seeing something that isn’t even happening, but it just seems that way to me.

And I see things a little differently lately too. I subconsciously think “I have X time left, what do I want to watch (or watch again)”, and I would not choose Discovery. I think they could’ve done better.

I’m re-watching (I know this is NOT the TV thread, but Star Trek) Star Wars: The Bad Batch and I tell you what. I’d put that show up against Disco in a comparison and the Bad Batch is better in every way.
oh, any of the filoni star war shows are great. Clone wars, rebels, bad batch. We're trying to finish clone wars with the kids before we start bad batch

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Normally nothing snaps me back out of suspension of disbelief faster than recognizing voice acting, but hearing Brian Posehn voicing a Pakled in the "Spy Humungous" episode of lower decks seemed so spot on that I just let it ride and laughed my ass off.

...in the same vein, hearing Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun 4-8, Brunt, Tiron, Kevin Mulcahey, Penk, Shran, Krem, and now AGIMUS) voice a malevolent computer on Lower Decks was like seeing Chewbacca and Han Solo go into the Millennium Falcon in The Force Awakens.

If there were ever proof that the universe is a simulation, it's Jeffrey Combs. He's just acting as everybody else in the simulation.

If you search for either Vorta or Weyoun in the gif search it returns NOTHING

I demand a refund @fly
I searched "weyoun" and got this, which is just as good:
Star Trek GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Anyone catch the music cue when Boimler and Mariner see the old ship they eventually fight about getting into?

It was straight up James Horner's score from Aliens.

LD-S2E7-256.jpg

Sulaco_700-05.jpg

I finally gave Lower Decks a watch last night, and watched two episodes. It’s not awful. I’ll have to give it a couple more f episodes before I decide if I stick with it though. There is a lot of stuff available to watch, and not much time. Maybe. Who the fuck knows how long I’ll be on this plateau?

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum