Video New Star Trek deserves its own thread (Not really)

I haven't watched any of the new Star Trek series. Hell, I never even watched Enterprise, though I'm told last season is pretty good. I'm too invested in old series. Some day I'll watch the new stuff.

I’m a huge fan of Enterprise but if I may offer up a suggestion, based solely on my own stinking opinion:

If you are going to watch Enterprise without starting at the beginning, start with the final episode of season two and watch season three. That was the best story arc of the series IMO. There were a few standalone episodes, but the whole season is basically a war with a hostile enemy who were mislead into starting it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Wow, they referenced Sub Rosa (where Dr Crusher gets the Irish ghost dick) last night on Lower Decks.

That's some deep lore there.

Also: Kurtwood Smith, ZOMG!

Last edited:
Episode 2 of Disco was substantially better.

Kinda wish they'd gotten Ian McShane for the baddy instead of Great Value Ian McShane though.

Yes, and FUCK YES.

I hope the new lightweight show runner, who came from Supernatural, doesn't turn Discovery into Voyager.

Good characters that the writing does no favors for.

If they pull another Ariam situation :mad:

After the burn, Starfleet became serious about alternative energy.

Turning to history, they decided to try and subsidize ethanol production, but warp corn didn't work out that great.
123024943_2249231198554619_5280565215543303077_o.jpg

I wish there were more dialog and character development for Burnham.

They tried to make me feel like I should care about her relationship with Booker, but all their scenes are < 2min long, and involve basically no dialog, and that's not enough to make me care.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

They tried to make me feel like I should care about her relationship with Booker, but all their scenes are < 2min long, and involve basically no dialog, and that's not enough to make me care.
I havent bothered with this season yet, but thats my opinion of most people on Disco. I just dont care about them.

And

Nahn leaving. We're sduddenly supposed to cry buckets.

It's more shortcut writing bullshit.

The rest of what's going on is pretty decent. Maybe we'll get more legit Trek stuff.

Spoiler tag aint working?